July 2013 Weddings
Options

Registry

We have been together 5 years on Monday. Lived together for 3 years. And have a 1 1/2 year old.

What the heck to you put on a registry? We have 8 things!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Registry

• Options
    We put linens and updated appliances. Also, wishes that we wouldnt never buy for ourselves. But, I will also reevaluate my list because it is so much. I didnt do this with my first 2 marriages so I have realized I am acting like I am starting out from scratch!! I will figure it out though, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    All of our stuff is simply upgrades to what we already have.
    Unfortunately that means most of the stuff on there is kind of expensive, but guests aren't required to purchase off the registry anyway.

If you genuinely don't need ANYTHING, then just don't have a registry... guests will most likely just bring cash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:4e7aeb13-9c02-4d0c-90f6-79f732d53dd9Post:e6427599-7b29-453a-90fc-e9fca1b26f90">Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have been together 5 years on Monday. Lived together for 3 years. And have a 1 1/2 year old. What the heck to you put on a registry? We have 8 things!
    Posted by klrrat[/QUOTE]

We are in the exact same situation!! We did upgrades to a few of our things like bed sheets and a super nice knife and pan set. And a whole bunch of new baking stuff for me, I love to bake and the nice stuff can get pricey!!
  • Options
    AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I'd just go into the store and wander around. We lived together for 6 months before we started registering, but we were quick to buy everything we needed/wanted. However, when we actually went to the stores, we were somehow able to find 100 or so things to register for. 

Here are some ideas:
    -high quality towels
    -a second bedding set
    -really specific food serving and prsentation tools like a pasta serving set, wok set, ice cream bowls, cupcake stand, pizza grilling stone
    -nicer, matching photo frames
    -steamer basket
    -blender bottles if you are into making shakes or mixing powdered drinks or protein
    -nut chopper
    -a ridiculously high quality blender
    -decorative items

I recommend Crate & Barrel as they have a lot of really specific and unique things. They are definitely great for that "second round" of house shopping when you've stocked up on the basics and want more upmarket nonessentials.
  • Options
    We are in a similiar position, minus the blessing of a child! We have been living together for almost 4 years!
    Our goal is to move within the next year, so everything we registered for is going to be for the new house. I'll be able to use a few things but the majority of it will be saved!
    Our house now is so small and with 4 pets, everything gets dog/cat hair on it and end up yucky, even with cleaning all the time! Not that it won't happen in a new house, but there will be more room to display/store everything rather than to throw it all on our small countertops!

@AmJam - we had such a hard time registering for more costly gifts, but finally we had to remember that this is our "wish list"....it's not our "buy for me" list. Everything we put on the list are things that we will eventually get for ourselves; if someone else wants to get it for us as a gift, amazing, if not, we fully intend to purchase it anyways......with the lovely discount we get if it's not bought for us off our registry! :)
  • Options
    We had the same problem.  We upgraded our sheets, towels etc.  Do you have any hobbies?  I bake, so I put some things on there for that as well.  
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Everything is upgrades for us. We've been getting by with what we have for the past 3 years together, so it's more of a wish list than a must-have list. I cannot wait for new sheets and towels though! Ours are all worn out and I would have started replacing the stuff last year but since I knew we were getting married I held off. 

You don't have to have a huge registry, but it's nice for the people who prefer to give tangible gifts rather than money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Going INTO the store really helped me a lot. When I was creating a regsitry just online I could only think of a handful of things... but once i was in the store, I saw dozens of things that we could definitely use. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards