October 2013 Weddings

Rollercoaster kind of a day!

I've been all over the place today, emotionally.

Found out this morning that my nana passed in her sleep overnight.  We knew it was coming, the last four years she deteriorated a lot.  I know she's at peace now, but that didn't stop me from being a blubbery mess all morning.  We're headed up to CT this weekend for the funeral.

So with that weighing on my heart and mind all day, I just got a phone call from the bridal store.... my gown is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I could have sworn that she told me it wouldn't be in until August when I ordered it back in November.  I have to recheck my paperwork tonight, because I thought it was on there as well.  I've been stressing about it coming in so late and worrying what if something is wrong with it, then what do I do? So, needless to say, I'm elated the dress is in.  Now I just have to find the time to go to the store and try it on, then get scheduled for any alterations it needs.

Re: Rollercoaster kind of a day!

• So sorry to hear about your loss.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• sorry for your loss
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_rollercoaster-kind-of-a-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:f4858eb1-0fa0-4d35-b88b-1300c0a10ea6Post:17b99d05-3fd7-45e0-8550-febd278c5923">Rollercoaster kind of a day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been all over the place today, emotionally. Found out this morning that my nana passed in her sleep overnight.  We knew it was coming, the last four years she deteriorated a lot.  I know she's at peace now, but that didn't stop me from being a blubbery mess all morning.  We're headed up to CT this weekend for the funeral. So with that weighing on my heart and mind all day, I just got a phone call from the bridal store.... my gown is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I could have sworn that she told me it wouldn't be in until August when I ordered it back in November.  I have to recheck my paperwork tonight, because I thought it was on there as well.  I've been stressing about it coming in so late and worrying what if something is wrong with it, then what do I do? So, needless to say, I'm elated the dress is in.  Now I just have to find the time to go to the store and try it on, then get scheduled for any alterations it needs.
    Posted by SimplyME22[/QUOTE]

Hugs. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. T&P to you.

With regards to your dress, I ordered mine in October (2011, crazy, I know) and it came in April last year. So maybe you heard her wrong or she wrote it wrong? But that is exciting that its in! You will have to AW it when you go try it on.

• so sorry for your loss, perhaps your grandmother had a hand in the dress coming early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss.  

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I am sorry to hear about your gma, but happy for you that your dress came in!

• Sorry for your loss - T & P to you and all of your family.  Safe travels to CT
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Very sad to hear of your grandma's passing :[ It is good to have a bright spot in the midst of the news in the form of your dress. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • I am sorry to hear of your loss, but happy that you at least have some good news also!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prayers for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards