Texas-Houston
Options

Looking for venue w/outdoor ceremony near water and indoor reception 250 guests $10k

Any ideas?

Polonaz is totally my style but I think it may be above my budget. 

We want to have an outdoor ceremony with a lake or some sort of water in the background and an indoor reception.  Big wedding - about 250 guests anticipated, many from out of town.  Trying to keep the entire reception around $10k (20k is total budget but has to include EVERYTHING, including rehearsal dinner and out-of-towner brunch, dress, etc.).  Looking for Saturday evening venue, preferably one that allows entire day and evening for rental and has one ceremony per day.  Tranquila Ranch is a possibility but it seems like we are going to have a tough time keeping the main event in the $10k range.  HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Looking for venue w/outdoor ceremony near water and indoor reception 250 guests $10k

• Options
    La Torretta in Conroe. 
  • Options
    Northwest Forest Conference Center?
  • Options
    I've looked at a ton of places and I've yet to see any places in Houston that can hold 250 guests and are within that 10k budget. Almost all the venues around here will have 12-13k minimums (before tax and gratuity). Try looking in Galveston or considering dropping some of those extra events you were planning on having. You can try Amber Springs and all those places, but with 250 guests and 10k total budget for the entire reception it is going to be difficult. You're basically looking to spend $40 per person and that doesn't even include the service charge or sales tax, which then only gives you $25-$30 per person. I'm not trying to be rude, just giving you an idea of what your numbers will look like. Start asking around to see if any friends maybe have connections or beautiful backyards that could accommodate 250 people. Good luck!
  • Options
    yeah I may have to trim the guest list!
  • Options
    Also, we're good with going out as far as an hour outside of Houston.  Galveston, Conroe etc. are all fine....
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    If you are willing to go all the way out here to Huntsville you can check out Magnolia Lake. I don't know their prices but I know they have a ballroom that fits 250+. 

In Conroe the venues that come to mind that are one the lake are Walden on the Lake and April Sound. You could also check April Springs, but I don't know if they have the water that you want for your ceremony. 

For in the area I would suggest checking Brady's Landing. I don't know if they can accomodate a water ceremony, but I am sure that you can get 250 people for 10,000 or less.

Good luck!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    Definitely call La Torretta in Conroe! 
  • Options
    La Torretta or Garden Verein in Galveston are options for your size guest list
  • Options
    In Response to Looking for venue w/outdoor ceremony near water and indoor reception 250 guests $10k:

A new wedding venue just opened in Texas City called Tuscan Courtyard which sounds like they just might be able to fit your needs! 
  • Options
    Thank you all!!  Keep 'em coming please!  I am loving La Toretta but it has some mixed reviews...
  • Options
    My stepsister got married at LA Torretta. She liked it, I thought it was ok. My overall breakdown:

Facilities: great, seriously a NICE hotel. We loved staying there and my sister's son, myself and my fiance played all day in the waterpark. It was a great experience

Ceremony: outlooking the lake; it was a bit overcast (cant blame the facilities on that) but overall it was really nice with the overlooking of Lake Conroe

Food: meh. Better than some weddings I have been to, but not like roll over holy amazing. 

Flowers: value! Sister is an engineer, and doesnt care about that kind of stuff but wow! They were nice. She had pink and green as her colors. Not my taste, but really nicely done.

Booze: She had only one bartender, but an open bar... I would recommend 2 bartenders if you have people who are rowdy.... we were in line A LOT. 

DJ: unsure if this is through La Toretta or my sister booked him--but he sucked. I would get someone else. 

Facilities of Reception: Clean Carpet, not terrible ugly chairs, easy to navigate nice space (high ceilings etc.)

There isnt a lot of "on-site" representation... but I did that for my sister. I was her day-of coordinator; and really i didnt need to do much besides ensure there were enough chairs on the lawn (there weren't but i asked and they put them down) and that the bar be moved to a better location. 

If you need any more info, DM me and i can pass you along to my step-mom and sister. 
  • Options
    springs events they have multiple locations i am using Pecan Springs in Brookshire (right outside of Katy) they have a water right next to the ceremony site and it can accomadate your guest amount. Also they rent out the place for the day i think it is 8am to midnight and includes tables and chairs for reception and ceremony. Plus has bridal and grooms room.  I loved it and thought it was very affordable.
  • Options
    When you say 10K for everything, does that really mean EVERYTHING - rental, food, drinks, linens, cake, DJ, etc...for 250 people? That is a tall order. You can check out Belle Rose Maison. You can bring in your own caterer, so you can do something like fajitas or BBQ which are budget friendly. It sounds like you may have to skip alcoholic beverages because that adds up quickly. Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_looking-for-venue-woutdoor-ceremony-near-water-and-indoor-reception-250-guests-10k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:a4023163-3cb1-43e2-b54a-3d9f7a4d30c4Post:d47eb90a-602b-4dac-a6b3-c1d835b8ec6d">Re: Looking for venue w/outdoor ceremony near water and indoor reception 250 guests $10k</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you say 10K for everything, does that really mean EVERYTHING - rental, food, drinks, linens, cake, DJ, etc...for 250 people? That is a tall order. You can check out Belle Rose Maison. You can bring in your own caterer, so you can do something like fajitas or BBQ which are budget friendly. It sounds like you may have to skip alcoholic beverages because that adds up quickly. Good luck!
    Posted by Speez33[/QUOTE]

....$20k for EVERYTHING (including morning after brunch and rehearsal dinner night before, alcohol, DJ, photographer, videographer, dress, etc.)....
  • Options
    ...and I think we can get the list down to 225 (well, 240 really, but more than half would be coming in from out of town, so actuall attendance would probably be between 200-225...)
  • Options

You should take a look at www.TownHallTexas.com - rustic venue.  Although their hall only holds 150 seated - the grounds are beautiful and would be perfect for an outdoor reception with DJ/dancing, buffet food line and bar served inside the hall.  I'm sure they could work with you on the $10k budget and the place is amazing for rehearsal dinners(out of state guests will get a true taste of Texas here) and morning after brunch.  Good luck!

• Options
    I would also try Signature Manor.
    Wedding Website: www.marcusandorjanel.com Save the Date Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE0OOnirn14&amp;noredirect=1 Wedding Date: August 24, 2013!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards