Pennsylvania-Central

Photography help!

Hello! My fiance and I are getting married in Sept and we are still looking for a decently priced photographer. We want to have gorgeous pictures but not pay an arm and a leg for them as well. We want to get the most 'bang' for our buck. Does anyone have any suggestions for the Harrisburg-ish area? Thanks!

Re: Photography help!

• What's your price range? Try going to wedding shows, vendors tend to give discounts if you sign that day or have raffles for $ off a package.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:1d2d4196-3652-4cf1-a6f0-ca221492ecd8Post:27774944-ebed-4c9d-86e2-d14277735d89">Re: Photography help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your price range? Try going to wedding shows, vendors tend to give discounts if you sign that day or have raffles for $ off a package.
    Posted by mbendo5338[/QUOTE]<div>
    Thanks! We don't want to pay more than 1500 max, so anything lower than that would be good. We just want to get the most out of a package for our money. </div>
  • Maybe try to find a photographer who will create a package for you or look at doing a shorter hour package.  In most cases 5/6 hours will cover all of the necessities of your day and might work with the budget you have in mind. mbendo said about shows.. I believe there is one this weekend at the AACA museum which was super helpful when we were planning our wedding. Our photog moved to CA or I'd recommend her:)
  • Check out Studio 11 West!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Warner Photography! They have a variety of packages and different price points. We are using them for our wedding in October. They are a husband and wife team...i met them at a bridal show and I immediately fell in love with their work.
    AJK2013
  • Make sure when you get a quote to include prints and albums! The quote is usually only for the time taking photos, to get your photos in an album or on a CD, etc is extra$$
  • Check out Amanda Souders Photography.  They are in Dillsburg.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Contact J Parks Photography
    Her work is amazingly beautifull.
    She is on facebook.
  • Definitely check out Little Bliss Photo! Really affordable and great to work with!
    facebook.com/LittleBlissPhoto
  • Check out twisted images photography, they run amazing specials! Www.facebook.com/twistedimagesphotography or twistedimagesphoto.wix.com/photography
  • Did you find someone yet?  We used Solas based out of Carlisle.  Its a husband wife team but only Sean came to ours because we got his most basic package which came in at $742.  We haven't gotten our pictures back yet which is why I haven’t officially reviewed him, but he was AMAZING.  He basically stepped up to run my reception like a wedding planner would have, politely reminding us to stay on our schedule.  He was very patient w my request to have photos of almost every combination of family member, and special poses. AND hes giving us full use of the digital copies with no obligation to buy prints.  This is hard to find and most photographers will charge an extra $500 or more for this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards