July 2013 Weddings

whats everyone doing this week?

bear with the lack of spacing, I'm on my phoneI feel soo bored on the knot the week, I've resorted to looking creepin at the April/may boards! But anywhoo! This week, I finally completed the invitation disaster and the new versions look BETTER than the original! I also booked my hair trial for may 10! im still debating on what kind of style I want, my hair is short and damaged from medication I had two years ago! Annoying. I'm super stoked about that weekend! I'm flying back home, hair trial, first dress fitting, the next day is bridal shower! Eeeek! Can April just be over yet?? ...... What are you guys working on/ doing/ excited about??

Re: whats everyone doing this week?

• I had my first fitting last month. My next and last fitting is June 15th. Im also working on my last pomander, starting our photowall project and finding props for that. My shower is May 18th and my hair trail is the same morning. I'm still undecided about hair...I'll probably also for another lol Amongst all of my stuff my MOH wants help with all her wedding stuff. Oy vay.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ahhh that's a lot esp. Helping do TWO WEDDINGS stuff! But I'm interested in your photowall! what are you making It out of? I was thinking of making something like this to display at cocktailhour!
  • edited April 2013
    Tell me about it. I'll help her as much as I can, just trying to space it all out is proving to be difficult. The photo wall will be out of regular plywood and wallpaper. There's a good step by step on weddingbee but it let me paste the link into TKs mobile site.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well so far this week, I'm writing thank you cards from my shower on Saturday and today I sent out my invitations!  Woo!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @garbasaurus; ooh fun! how was your shower!?? Did you get alota cool stuff from registries? Mine is on may 11 (SOOO excited). I have also yet to start addressing my invites ); Will start next week. 

p.s. our flower choices are almost the same! some of mine are coral dahilias, free spirit roses and the berries and also add in some cockscomb! oh and some callas, but mini ones in ivory 
  • I assembled, stamped, and address all my invites this week! I did the tiny number trick on the back in case some don't write their names on their response cards! I've heard stories about people's names not being on them (which to me, is so weird, but apparently it happens!). 

Other than that big check, we finnnnallllyyyy found the mens' ties!!! Talk about a fiasco! We were having the hardest time finding something that we liked and that went with our color scheme. The blue in the bridesmaids dress was tricky to find with the right orange, so what we ended up doing is finding an awesome blue, patterned tie for the groomsmen and fathers, and my FH will be wearing the same tie but in orange. I've seen this in pictures online and it looks good so that's what we're going with! Sounds silly, but that was a HUGE accomplishment this week!!!

I'm hoping to get bridesmaids gifts situated today, too. And probably order the sparklers!! There's so many little things to do!
  • my stag and doe was last weekend and it was a huge success!!! we made lots of money and everyone had a great time!! i picked up our invitations on monday but have yet to do anything with them, i've been relaxing a bit too much after work! the rainy weather does that to me! but this weekend i'll tackle them and get them out by monday!!!
    next weekend is what i'm excited for!!! first we have a meeting with our wedding planner at the hotel, we have to decide the room setup, talk about timing, go through the whole day! i hate making decisions but i love talking about the wedding so that appointment should be fun! then after that i have my first dress fitting which i'm looking forward to!
    we also need to start our big diy project! we're going to napa valley for our honeymoon so we've decided to throw a little bit of a wine theme in to our wedding so our placecards will be on corks! we have to cut a straight line along the side so they sit upright, then cut a slit in the top so a piece of paper will sit in them! we need to make 150 of those! and then our table numbers will also be on corks so we have lots to do!
  • crysspearscrysspears member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    oh man! I've heard about that numberthing! I need to look into that because knowing my family, noone will RSVP, let alone put all names! I really wanna do sparklers too! at least a few for the bridal party! 

@thekorsans that wine cork idea sounds super cool, tedious but the look will be well worth it! I definitely am bad at making decisons as well, but wedding talk is amazing to me! Im soo excited for that appointment where we go over all the details! hope you have fun doing that, let me know about any questions they ask that you didnt prepare for (for  heads up!) ! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-everyone-doing-this-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:01660066-0075-429a-ac7a-4a0f366c3d81Post:2ba315bb-55ea-4a81-9dec-f4813d3dae64">Re: whats everyone doing this week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@garbasaurus; ooh fun! how was your shower!?? Did you get alota cool stuff from registries? Mine is on may 11 (SOOO excited). I have also yet to start addressing my invites ); Will start next week.  p.s. our flower choices are almost the same! some of mine are coral dahilias, free spirit roses and the berries and also add in some cockscomb! oh and some callas, but mini ones in ivory 
    Posted by crysspears[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It was really nice!  We did get a lot of cool stuff and some things that weren't on our registry... like a cutting board with our last name burnt into the middle of it.  It was a surprise (I tried so hard to get my girls to tell me when it was) so I'm jealous that you know when yours is!
    </div><div>
    </div><div>That's so funny about the flowers.  We're actually leaving the bouquet like the picture but swapping freesia for the calla lillies.  What color are your BMs wearing?</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm waiting on my invites which should be here next week. I have my second fitting today...hopefully I lost some weight :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hopfully! fingers crossed!!..

how did it go??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards