Iowa-Quad Cities

A few vendor reviews

I had a beautiful day - one that couldn't have gone much more perfect!  And a big part of that was our vendors.

Pastor Gary Ellis - He has a small congregation but does many weddings outside of his own church.  He is a great man and wonderful to work with. 

Modern Woodmen Park - We had our ceremony and reception there which involved turning over two rooms in a short amount of time to accomodate all that we had going on.  It couldn't have been more flawless.  Our main contacts Andrea and Shauna were hands down some of the most organized, professional and accomodaing event coordinators I have ever worked with.  The service couldn't have been better and the Ballpark environment was not only perfect for us as sports lovers but made for a really fun and unique experience for our guests.  I can't recommend them enough.

QC Photobooth - We love photo booths and we were soooo excited to be able to bring one in for our guests.  It was a huge hit and our attendant Hans was helpful, friendly and put up with our crazy friends like a champ. 

City Savvy Imaging - My photographer is out of Chicago, she is also a friend and assistant to me so maybe I am biased but she did fantastic.  I have not gone through all my photos yet but the sneak peaks she provided me with were excellent and even if I had nothing else, those few photos alone would be enough to make me happy. 

Twisted Mics - I will admit I was a little skeptical about hiring this DJ.  He is a pretty young guy and I hadn't heard of him before.  But he was a friend of my fiance and he insisted upon hiring him.  But Kelley did an excellent job.  He had to deal with some difficult set up logistics but he made it work and we were dancing all evening long.  Some of my engaged friends even took his business card and may be using him for their own weddings.

Ceremony Pianist - Patrick Downing.  Patrick is an excellent pianist with the ability to play literally anything.  He works at West Music and just plays for weddings on the side but I would happily recommend him to anyone!

Clazzy Designs - Lynn made a beautiful bouquet for me, along with the perfect matching mini bouquet for my daughter.  She also provided the ceremony draping, tablecloths, unity candle flowers, aisle runner + flower petals.  Everything was perfect, she executed the ceremony set up better than I imagined it!

David's Bridal - I've heard so many mixed reviews on David's and as a bridesmaid, had my share of issues with them in the past but my experience with them as a bride was overall very positive.  And I LOVED my dress.

Nepo Productions - This was a bit of a surprise.  I had talked to a couple of local cinematographers I was famililar with and wanted to work with but it just ended up not being in the budget.  My parents ending up surprising me and hired Nepo out of Marion Iowa.  I haven't worked with them before and won't have the final product back for awhile but based on their service the day of, I have nothing but good things to say so far.  Steve and his crew were invisible to me the day of.  I think I can remember seeing them with cameras all of about 2 times on the wedding day.  I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Davenport Printing Company - They printed my programs for me.  I had a very easy time working with them and have nothing but good things to say.

Spa Luce @ Hotel Blackhawk - I believe it was Nasreen who did my makeup the day of.  The place is very serene and relaxing and Nasreen was fantastic.  I would easily go back and recommend the spa to anyone.

Michelle Fisher of Margaret's Salon - Michelle did my hair for the wedding and made it look exactly as I wanted it to.  She came to the venue to do my hair for me and was excellent!

Whitey's Ice Cream - We knew we wanted ice cream to be the star dessert at our wedding and it was delicious of course!  We just preordered the large tubs ahead of time and they had them ready for us.

Popcorn Charlie's - Modern Woodmen Park suggested Popcorn Charlie's to us when we were looking for favors for our guests.  I couldn't believe the number of flavors he has and he was incredibly helpful in figuring out how much to order.  He also gave us some samples and carried out the giant 80 gallon bag of popcorn to my car for me.  He's the sweetest man.  It was a really delicious and inexpensive favor to give our guests!

My only disappointment came in the cake but in the scheme of things, it was so minor that it really wasn't a big deal.  If anyone needs info on contacting any of the vendors you can contact me by bdpmelanie at gmail dot com.
February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

Re: A few vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards