Georgia-Savannah

Wedding Venue Needed ASAP

I'm helping my best friend plan her wedding that she wants to have in SEPTEMBER!!! I have never been to Savannah,Ga so i have no clue about their wedding Venues. Can anyone tell me really great venues for reception and ceremony for about 75pple with a 6000 budget. PLZ HELP!

Re: Wedding Venue Needed ASAP

• $6K for 75 people will be tough and really limit you, but it isn't impossible.  There are a number of wedding planners in the area who specialiaze in destination brides on a budget.  The packages typically include chairs, flowers, officiant, security and permits.  

The typicall cost for an officiant is $200.  If you plan a wedding in one of the squares in Savannah, you are required to have a permit.  Those permits vary in cost, but start at $200 for a three hour period.  There is also a non-resident fee and a security fee for the police officer who is required by the city.  Look into a reception at The Lady and Sons.  I also like 10 Downing.  However, they require a $2500 minimum on food.  
    Permits for a wedding on the beach at Tybee Island are $25 for a 3 hour period.  There are a few venues out there that would be inexpensive.  I'd look into the Old Guard House, the Tybee Gym, the American Legion and the Tybee Light Shrine Club.  You'll need catering and entertainment at both places.  If you want a place that provides catering, I'd look into Marlin Monroe's.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Check Vic's on the River for the reception.  They have plated dinner options starting at $35pp that includes a plated appetizer course, soup or salad, entree, and dessert plus tea/coffee/soda.  The bar tab will be separate, though.  We are using Coastal Savannah Weddings to take care of our ceremony, which will be in one of the squares.  They took care of the permit for us, since it is cheaper for a local resident to get a permit than it is for an out of town person to get one.  I'm definitely NOT impressed with CSW's communication, but we're down to 12 days and my fingers are crossed so I'll be able to come back and give you a review then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • ChiGirl, please call the city to make sure you have a permit for your wedding.  This planner is well known for not filing permits.  He had a HUGE issue this past weekend on Tybee.  He set up multiple weddings with out permits when there were weddings scheduled for those spots that had permits.  Huge cluster.  There were brides crying everywhere.  
  • ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Are you freaking kidding me?????  UGH!!!!  Thanks for the heads up!

I called but the person who can check on that won't be in until Monday, and we leave for Savannah on Thursday.  OMG!  I swear, if this man screws us out of the money we paid him to get the permits, I'm going to throttle him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure of the cost but check with Paul Kennedy - Bryson Hall it is a really nice venue site
  • So..... apparently, my post about Coastal Savannah Weddings was deleted.  Let's just say I would NOT recommend them AT ALL and if you want specifics, you can send me a private message.  I would definitely recommend Vic's, though - they were AMAZING and our guests are still raving about the food. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How far is Vic's from the beach? Since my guests are already driving 3 hrs to savannah I dont want them to have to go far from ceremony to reception and I want my ceremony on the beach @iluvmytxgr
  • 20 min from the beach to Vic's
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards