Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for invitation insert??

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to word our invitations and inserts etc but I just wanted a little advise if anyone has had this type of wedding. We are getting married on the beach at 4pm and our reception will be at a Golf Club after the wedding! There is no parking at the beach and there is no public beach access. We will have our guests park at the Golf Club and provide shuttles to the oceanfront for the wedding, then back to the Golf Club for the reception! Right now I have no idea how many people will show up because it is out of town and a destination wedding for most! We have set things up with the Reverand for a 4pm wedding! Does anyone have any suggestions about what to write in the insert card so people will arrive early enough to get the transportation to the ceremony site! Also, as this is a popular vacation destination in the summer the traffic can be really busy with one main road in and out! So I will also need to word it so that guests unfamiliar with the area will plan in advance! 

I set up a wedding website with lots of information when I sent out the save the dates in October but only about 20 people at the most have checked it, we are inviting roughly 100 guests and 90% are from out of town!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Re: Wording for invitation insert??

• It sounds to me like you're overthinking this.

I'd just put a separate insert with:

Parking available at
    Golf Club
    Address

and let people know about the shuttles by word of mouth or with a sign at the Golf Club.

• Most of the guests we are inviting are my Fiancé's family and they live out of state! I am only in contact with his Mother. He cannot contact any of them with "word of mouth" either as he is deployed in the military until 10 days before our wedding! My main concern is wondering if I should put in a time for people to arrive at the parking because obviously if the wedding starts at 4pm on the invite people may get confused and show up at the golf club at that time which would probably make them miss our ceremony!

Sorry if I come across as over thinking but I am the only one who is planning our wedding since my FI is deployed and I have no family! I just wanted to put the question out there for advice and bounce it off of other brides in case they had a similar situation! 
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-for-invitation-insert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b6fc0bf6-eebc-4e8c-b4c6-a0d51f7a368cPost:64acdc06-338f-4c88-b771-fc45052aa796">Re: Wording for invitation insert??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of the guests we are inviting are my Fiancé's family and they live out of state! I am only in contact with his Mother. He cannot contact any of them with "word of mouth" either as he is deployed in the military until 10 days before our wedding! My main concern is wondering if I should put in a time for people to arrive at the parking because obviously if the wedding starts at 4pm on the invite people may get confused and show up at the golf club at that time which would probably make them miss our ceremony! Sorry if I come across as over thinking but I am the only one who is planning our wedding since my FI is deployed and I have no family! I just wanted to put the question out there for advice and bounce it off of other brides in case they had a similar situation! 
    Posted by ACJD714[/QUOTE]

People will check your website closer to your wedding date. Add an Extra Information card to your invitation packet and just explain where the parking is. Then explain that shuttles will leave every ten (or whatever) minutes until 3:55 from the parking lot. Put your website on this card as well, where you can put all kinds of info and directions, including the traffic issues.
  • Will everyone that is traveling be staying at a hotel the night before or night of the wedding.  You could include information in a welcome packet at the hotel that tells people what time the shuttle leaves.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-for-invitation-insert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b6fc0bf6-eebc-4e8c-b4c6-a0d51f7a368cPost:420bc24e-a417-4773-bc6f-282a86ae2182">Re: Wording for invitation insert??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wording for invitation insert?? : People will check your website closer to your wedding date. Add an Extra Information card to your invitation packet and just explain where the parking is. Then explain that shuttles will leave every ten (or whatever) minutes until 3:55 from the parking lot. Put your website on this card as well, where you can put all kinds of info and directions, including the traffic issues.
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you NYC, that is a great idea to say the shuttles will leave at a regular interval until a certain time! I was kind of stuck at thinking about how to explain it. I just talked to a friend and he said that the closer it gets to the wedding, guests will check the website. </div><div>
    </div><div>There are just so many decisions to make and it is rough with my FI being away and the main way we communicate is via email! I do need to realize I can't please everyone and just do what I think is best! I think I just got a little overwhelmed today since I know I need to write and order or invitations soon! Thanks the advice!</div>
  • Why are you using exclamation points for things that are not exciting! It makes your post very hard to read!

Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-for-invitation-insert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b6fc0bf6-eebc-4e8c-b4c6-a0d51f7a368cPost:cc530bf1-ca3c-4f61-a32b-cd82f9f32fde">Re: Wording for invitation insert??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are you using exclamation points for things that are not exciting! It makes your post very hard to read!
    Posted by nycrose2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Sorry, I used the incorrect punctuation. Why do people have to be so catty when someone asks a question? I've learned my lesson and I will no longer post to this board! I just do not understand how people can be so mean? I have read other postings that were very derogatory and now I have experienced it for no real reason. I understand people will attack individuals for anything! I didn't realize I needed to have perfect punctuation to post a comment. By the way, you were criticizing me yet you ask a question and used an exclamation mark instead of a question mark. Wishing everyone a great wedding but be careful before you post any questions as you may get replies that are critical and do nothing constructive other than tear another person down!!!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-for-invitation-insert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b6fc0bf6-eebc-4e8c-b4c6-a0d51f7a368cPost:c9caebcd-bedf-4955-a221-592f77b1b779">Re: Wording for invitation insert??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wording for invitation insert?? : Sorry, I used the incorrect punctuation. Why do people have to be so catty when someone asks a question? I've learned my lesson and I will no longer post to this board! I just do not understand how people can be so mean? I have read other postings that were very derogatory and now I have experienced it for no real reason. I understand people will attack individuals for anything! I didn't realize I needed to have perfect punctuation to post a comment. By the way, you were criticizing me yet you ask a question and used an exclamation mark instead of a question mark. Wishing everyone a great wedding but be careful before you post any questions as you may get replies that are critical and do nothing constructive other than tear another person down!!!
    Posted by ACJD714[/QUOTE]

<div>Asking you a question is not attacking you or getting catty.  It's asking you a question.  (That you still haven't answered.)</div><div>
    </div><div>Obviously you have a chip on your shoulder if a simple question winds you up into such a defensive tizzy, but I too would like to know why you exclusively use exclamation points.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards