Military Brides

last minute planning

We just found out my husband's not deploying, so were planning our ceremony. Its next year but we have a very tight budget and the quicker I get everything done the easier it'll be on us. How have you girls strategize on your budgeting? I'm doing this all on my own and I'm stressed!

Re: last minute planning

• If the wedding is during a popular month, you'll have to get moving now. We got married in January in Pennsylvania, so we pretty much had the pick of our vendors and planned everything in 6 months. 

Make an overall budget of what you can spend then divide all of the categories up for what you want to spend on each one. I found it easiest on an excel spreadsheet so I could automatically total everything as I booked vendors. 

Also, I'd suggest getting on your local board. They're on the left <---- and contacting vendors to get pricing and start booking.

Here's what my list of vendor categories looked like. You might find that you can eliminate some of them.

Reception - Venue
    Reception - Parking
    Food/Bar/Cake
    Wedding Bands
    Church
    DJ
    Photographer
    Guest Transportation
    Limo
    Flowers
    Invites
    Invite Postage
    Favors
    Gifts for Wedding Party
    Miscellaneous
  • Husband? If you're already married then you don't need to stres about a ceremony. A party celebrating your nuptials is perfectly accptable so long as it's without the wedding components.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards