Flowers

Boutonnieres - do you need them?

I'm thinking of making some changes to my floral budget. My fiance doesn't want to wear a boutonniere at all. Our wedding is at 8 PM. Do we really need bouts? Would it look terrible if we didn't have them?

Re: Boutonnieres - do you need them?

• All depends on how formal your event is...and what you want.

We are getting married at a Golf Club, so I'm making the bouts out of tees...
    Simple and cost effective.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_boutonnieres-do-you-need-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:5564c3cf-7f0d-436c-9e49-95134015e7b4Post:385c434b-b1d8-4143-bcbb-cce57883b81f">Boutonnieres - do you need them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking of making some changes to my floral budget. My fiance doesn't want to wear a boutonniere at all. Our wedding is at 8 PM. Do we really need bouts? Would it look terrible if we didn't have them?
    Posted by mdupon70997[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't skip the, especially for a formal event such as a wedding.  Not sure how prices are by you, but here in NJ they were only about $10 each.  Can you cut somewhere else?  Smaller bridesmaids bouquets, centerpieces, etc?

</div>
  • You don't HAVE to have them, but I think they look nice. Ours were only $6 each.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Smaller bridesmaids bouquets is a great idea. Their bouqeuts are a smaller version of mine, but they're still $65 a piece! I'm not sure how much smaller my florist could make them, but I'll have to check. That would save a lot more than cutting out the bouts.
  • Spunky414Spunky414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Pocket squares are another option instead of boutonnieres. My FI doesn't like flowers and got the pocket squares for around $5 each.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I never thought about pocket squares!!! Such a great idea. Thanks! 
  • We had a pretty casual wedding, so we skipped the bouts, except for the dads. We gave corsages to our moms, so we thought it would be nice for the dads to have bouts.
  • We are having a beach wedding and the men will wear star fish pins instead ! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards