Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

wedding crashing???

So I know my wedding is over a year out, but my fiance and his parents really want to get the big stuff taken care of asap since vendors tend to book fast in our area we couldn't even get the date we originally wanted at any of the EIGHT reception sites we looked at. Anyway, my FMIL wants us to start looking for bands/djs and she wants us to go listen to our top contenders play at other weddings. Do people do this?? I mean, I would just feel weird randomly walking into someone's wedding and staying for a decent amount of time to listen to the band. Is there another way to listen to bands play without being a crasher?

Re: wedding crashing???

• Options
    I have heard of this.  You wouldn't just be in the middle of everything. You will just come inside and stay off to the side, in the back and see how they do their job.  We had a handful of vendors invite us to do this over the course of planning 3 DDs weddings.  We never ended up doing it, but the practice is obviously out there.

• Options
    Sometimes bands will participate in bridal showcases so you might keep an eye out for one in your area.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Nobody is going to notice if you are just try to blend in.  I would try to act like I belong there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DaveandRoxyDaveandRoxy member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Couldn't you call and ask for a demo performance? That's what we did with our ceremony musicians. Also, if it's a reputable band I'm sure they do band nights at local restaurants and clubs. As for DJs you can ask them for references and past clients. These methods are a much classier way to see their work without intruding into a place in which you were not invited. Also, I've hired bouncers for my own wedding. Keep in mind that other weddings may have bouncers, too.
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are they stricktly a wedding band or do they play other public gigs? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards