Michigan-Detroit

Bridal Shower Protocal?

Hey Ladies,
Two of my friends are working together to throw me a bridal shower. They asked me to try to keep it around 20 people if possible. I am currently about 6 over. My question is am I required to invite my fiances female friends/his best friend's wife? Some I get along with more than others. If I didn't invite them I would probably be right around 20. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower Protocal?

• No. Your bridal shower should include people who you are closest to. If you're not close to your FI's friends or friends' wives, then they don't need to be invited. If anyone asks why they weren't invited, you or your FI can say that you needed to keep the guest list small and only invited close family and your close friends.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree, keep it to people you are close with if you are able.  My shower was family and close friends only and it was great and I don't know of anyone that was offended by not getting an invite.  I didn't invite any of my fiance's friends wives because I am not close to them.
  • I agree with the above. However, proper protocol dictates that anyone invited to the shower should receive a wedding invitation. Just make sure they are all invited to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards