Louisiana-New Orleans

MAKE UP ARTIST/TIME LINE QUESTION

I need some information concerning make up artists. I am getting ready to start trying to make a decision on who to hire & I am wondering, does just one make up artist do all of the make up for everyone ? WeI have 5 bridesmaids,  one Groomswoman, plus myself and I also wanted to have my mother'a & my FMIL's make up done as well. How long should it take do do makeup for this many ladies ? Do they normally bring assistants or more than one make up artist for this many women ( 9 total). I am trying to figure out my timeline/schedule for the day & want to know what is a reasonable amount of time for this? 

Also is the airbrush makeup really worth the extra cost? We are doing a First look & do plan to take wedding party photos in the French Quarter area prior to the ceremony, so I am thinking we need makeup that will last all day, but it seems a little bit pricey especially because I have so many ladies. 

Any input is appreciated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MAKE UP ARTIST/TIME LINE QUESTION

• I haven't quite figured out my timeline yet, but when I got my hair/makeup done for my engagement pictures I was there for about 45 minutes. I would assume that for 9 women, your makeup artist would bring an assistant. With an assistant, if they work as fast as mine did, it should take about 3 or 4 hours to get everyone done if nothing goes wrong. Apparently, my photographer sends me a timeline so I haven't even thought about this!

I am doing airbrush. I did it for my engagements. I got my hair and makeup done at 10 am, and when I took it off around midnight, my makeup still looked perfect. I HIGHLY recommend it! I'm having an outdoor wedding, so that's one of the main reasons I am doing airbrush, but my bridesmaids have also opted to get airbrush since it will last all day.

I don't know who you're going in between for hair/makeup but I am using flawless bride. Heather is AMAZING!!!!! I am so excited for my bridals in May to be able to get my hair/makeup done by her. I've never felt as beautiful as I did for my engagement pictures, and it definitely showed in my pictures. I've gotten tons of compliments on how flawless I looked!
  • They usually schedule about 30 minutes per person, and maybe a little longer for the bride. Depending on what time you have to be ready for and what time you want to start getting ready, the makeup artist would be the one to decide if they need to bring an assistant. I had 7 people getting makeup done and it was only one person doing makeup and she did all of us in about 3-3.5 hours. I got the airbrush and loved it, it definitely lasts longer and stays fresher looking, and most places it's only $10 more, so I think it's worth it.
    I HIGHLY recommend Angele at Just Face It, she was so sweet and did a fantastic job. I'll be posting a review soon!
  • We had 6 BMs, 1 Jr BM, me and my mom each get makeup done.  We used flawless bride and Heather brought 2 other girls to do hair and makeup.  They came about 4- 4.5 hours before the BMs were to get dressed and we had PLENTY of time.  I expressed some nervousness about running behind schedule, so they worked with me and came earlier than would have been estimated.

I HIGHLY recommend the airbrush makeup.  Each of my BMs had it as well and we all looked absolutely perfect.  As a matter of fact, everyone said that they looked their absolute best.  They each did a great job at really matching the makeup and hairstyles to each girl's personality, just based on a few sample photos and brief conversation.

Here are some pictures so you can get an idea of the makeup.  I included the last one because it is about 8 or 9 hours after the makeup was applied (all three of us have the airbrush makeup)

Hope that helps!

• We have about 5 people getting their make-up done so the make-up artists are coming at 3pm for our 7pm wedding. I figured that would give us plenty of time to do everyones make up (there are 2 artists doing airbrush makeup and estimating 30 minutes per person), take pictures, and then get to the church.
    I am also using Heather from Flawless Bride and had my trial a few weeks ago. I LOVED her. She did an awesome job and the airbrushing lastest ALL day long. I would highly recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards