Texas-Houston

Cakes?

Ladies,

I am not a cake fan. In fact, I am more of a savory fan, but in a  ndo to tradition we are looking to get a 10" cake for our cake "topper" even though there isnt any cake underneath. Our little cake toppers are from my swedish grandparents and they are just darn cute, so i want to use them. Afterwards we have desserts like ice cream and cookies and good stuff. Anyways, do I just order a plain white round cake and stick our toppers in without telling someone like HEB that its a wedding cake? Do I go to a wedding baker? IDK. I am just not super into this piece of the wedding planning (no pun intended). Thoughts and wisdom appreciated. 

Re: Cakes?

• I'm confused.  Do you want just a small cake just to put the topper on?  That's it?  And people will be eating other desserts?

That's fine, and I would probably just go to the grocery store and get a simple cake.  Super cheap.  But, I will tell you, a lot of people might be bummed not to get any wedding cake.  If I had the money, I'd get some matching sheet cakes in case a lot of people want a slice.  But that's up to you.

SaveSave
  • Go for the plain round white cake from HEB. No need to get a wedding cake baker for a cutting cake. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • We are offering other dessert, im pretty sure im going with the cheap round cake. Thanks. People can get over not having a slice of cake, I have been in 10 weddings over the last two years and only eaten one slice. 

• I don't care about the cake either!  Apparently some guests think it is a big deal and I found out today that older folks like the cake because once you cut it, it means they can leave.  I would prefer to have a jumbo rice krispy treat, but fiancé is stuck on having a "real" wedding cake....

Go with whatever fits your personality and budget, and at the end of the day you will be married and most people will forget any details about the cake. 

I think Kroger does wedding cakes too if you want to go that route...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards