Registry and Gift Forum

Registry questions

So FI and I have been living together for four years now. all of our stuff, towels, linens, dishes and stuff like that have either been hand me downs or things that I bought as a teenager getting ready to move into my bacherlette pad. Is it ok to create a registry for all of that stuff still so we can upgrade? This is our first marraige but we also have to kids together. Just want to make sure I'm not being rude with a registry.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registry questions

• It's fine to register. Just make sure it's for stuff you and your fianc would enjoy. Don't register for things for the kids.
  • its fine to register for things to replace old/outdated items.

as a side note - you may want to make a plan to donate the old items fairly soon after the shower or wedding - have a pickup date ready or something with your local salvation army or whatever.  that way you dont have double the items hanging around the house too long =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:dc2c1382-085f-4e77-b9a8-30d777fb68dfPost:1a7d91a6-60b2-4655-a066-f980b8e4a5ad">Registry questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FI and I have been living together for four years now. all of our stuff, towels, linens, dishes and stuff like that have either been hand me downs or things that I bought as a teenager getting ready to move into my bacherlette pad. Is it ok to create a registry for all of that stuff still so we can upgrade? This is our first marraige but we also have to kids together. Just want to make sure I'm not being rude with a registry.
    Posted by shauntae930[/QUOTE]
    It's fine to register for upgrades, but I would leave the kids' items out of it, though.
  • Ditto PP's. Ninja tutles comforters and Cinderella throw pillows aren't really appropriate, but a Rug Doctor, a good vaccum, picnic items  or even an ice cream maker (items that will help since you already have kids)  are appropriate.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you everyone for your input! Yes I wasn't going to be registering for stuff for the kids but wanted to get opinions on other things! Thank you again for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards