Nevada-Las Vegas

Re: F

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to quite a few Friday weddings and it's been no problem. I think as long as people have enough notice to book time off work it's ok. Will it be a destination wedding for you and therefore will people be travelling? If so they may be taking the Friday off anyway?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a destination wedding as well.  I prefer to have it during the week because the costs may be less for my guests!   Where are you getting married in Las Vegas?
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Guests will likely have to take off at least one day to come to a DW anyways, so taking off an additional day or flying in a day earlier shouldn't be TOO much trouble.  Now if it was a Wednesday it may be different.  But I would think a Friday would be almost as convenient as a Saturday.  Have you talked to your wedding party (if you have one) or immediate family?  Are they OK with it.  I honestly think your closest friends and family should have no problem with the change.  My friends DW was on a Friday and we gladly made the trip out on Wednesday and flew back Sunday.

Sorry to hear your FI's ex is so difficult.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be fine since everyone has to travel anyways. Some people may gripe about it but just say "oh okay, we will be sure to send you pictures! " :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_friday-wedding-im-freaking-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1ebbd56b-00e0-451b-890d-46259ba2dbb5Post:3d827159-cdc3-492c-95f7-4bd2351e1ee7">Re: Friday wedding? I'm freaking out :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it would be fine since everyone has to travel anyways. Some people may gripe about it but just say "oh okay, we will be sure to send you pictures! " :)
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

LOL my wedding is on a Wednesday and I said this a lot! I actually hoped it being mid week would lower the guest count! It really only took a couple people out. I think the pro to moving it to Friday (having extra time with the daughter) far out weighs the con (maybe losing 1 or 2 guests). I would really only consider my parent's and bridal party's opinion with the decision. All other guests can deal :p

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else...I dont think there is anything wrong with a Friday wedding.  We are having ours on a Thursday and had hoped slightly that would help keep our guest count down.  We are more than surprised to find that is not the case at all!  Most people are making a trip out of it and some are coming the whole week, some are coming in on Thursday....so a Friday wedding would be similar and it gives your guests more options for how to turn it in to a vacation for themselves too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think there could be fewer people, because most would have to take off Thursday and Friday. But I know I would do that for a trip to Vegas!

On the other hand, this will be cheaper for your guests (assuming they have paid time off) because they could fly out on Thursday and fly back on Saturday, which are cheaper days to fly. Also they wouldn't have to pay for a hotel Saturday night.
    Those are the exact reasons I strongly considered a Friday wedding. But family and wedding party was more concerned about the days off work (and school for my younger sister) as they would want to be out there before Thursday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol you are really accomidating. Im getting married on a friday, but im making all of my friends fly out on monday when i do so we can party til the family gets there on thursday. Never even considered it being a hassle for their work schedule...great...something else to worry about...ha ha
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_friday-wedding-im-freaking-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1ebbd56b-00e0-451b-890d-46259ba2dbb5Post:e009f03c-2db3-4347-90bb-0889d2fa84dd">Re: Friday wedding? I'm freaking out :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol you are really accomidating. Im getting married on a friday,<strong> but im making all of my friends fly out on monday</strong> when i do so we can party til the family gets there on thursday. Never even considered it being a hassle for their work schedule...great...something else to worry about...ha ha
    Posted by glitterandglitz[/QUOTE]

Explain this further.  How are you "making" them?
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Duh Smokey, its like a chain gang.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_friday-wedding-im-freaking-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1ebbd56b-00e0-451b-890d-46259ba2dbb5Post:f6e22aad-8f01-4589-9e22-7adbed15f8b8">Re: Friday wedding? I'm freaking out :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Duh Smokey, its like a chain gang.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Shannyn, my spidey senses are tingling on this one.  What are your thoughts?
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    well...i just told them..."We are flying out at the beginning of the week before the wedding" lol....but they dont mind that much because they figure if they are going to fly all the way out there they might as well spend a few days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we have one mind Smokey!!

Glitter, if you told me that, I would assume your FI and you are flying out early. Did you tell your friends they are expected to as well??? That is a lot of money in missing work,  hotel rooms, food, drink, and entertainment. Just keep that in mind before you "make" them go with you. Also, do not be disappointed if some of your friends agree now but when it comes time for the wedding they are not able to follow through with it. Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mind meld.

lol.

not really.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah that might be true in most cases, but this whole idea started when we all were talking anout a vegas trip. (no wedding)...Then i just figured why not just get married while we're there. But thanks, i will most likely just tell them come when they like but "this is when we are going"...and I'm pretty sure they will want to stay awhile since they are going anyway.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is on Friday, but most of our fam and friends that will be attending are in the service industry and would have to request off whether it was Fri or Sat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is on a Tuesday!  If it's a destination wedding people will have to take off at least a day or two from work.  Don't worry about it.  Whoever wants to be there will be and it'll be wonderful!  During the week it's cheaper for hotels as well too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards