October 2013 Weddings

Anyone change their dress?

I originally bought my wedding dress in December and I love it. However, it is more ballgown style and in the back of my head I kept thinking how it may not be the easiest to move and dance in and it didn't really show of my figure, but I do love it and it is fun. I went in the dress shop last week to look at bridesmaids dresses and saw a dress on a mannequin that I LOVED too. It is the same as the dress as I have now just more of a mermaid style. Ruffles at the bottom and beatiful beading. Only a 250 dollar difference and they said they would exchange. Anyone changed their dress? Any regrets? Any success stories?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone change their dress?

• I haven't changed my dress, or really even considered it. I got an a-line gown and the only thing I have considered doing is getting a less full slip for underneath the skirt so that it is even less poofy. 

Just make sure you are happy with the dress you end up in.
  • I thought about it in the beginning.  The first dress I chose at the first store  was very different from the dress I did end up getting at the second store. About a month after I kept questioning if I had made the right decision.  I knew I had picked that one for a reason.  I say try the new dress on and even see if you like it on you.  If you love it and they let you do it, I say go for it!  I would rather be happy and feeling great on my wedding day instead of wondering.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • When I started the process of dress shopping in stores, there were very few dresses I was happy with [I wanted a simple, sleek gown] so I likely would have been forever picking out a dress and wondering if there was another better one out there. Luckily my grandmother offered to make me a dress from a Vogue sewing pattern I loved, and it wound up being my perfect dress. Changing your mind is definitely allowed. Better to feel great and look great than wonder, as PP said.
  • I switched my dress. There was one I loved but never tried on cause it was more then I wanted to spend. I got a sample gown when a bridal store was going out of business. I liked it but within a month I started regretting it because it was what I had said I would not get (poofy). I found out months later the dress I originally swooned over was now $200 cheaper. I went and tried it on and it was perfect just like I had imagined. I bought the dress and could not be happier that I changed dresses!

If they will exchange it I would try on the new one and see what you think!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Id try it on and if you decide that you love it more I would definitely do it. Especially since they agreed to do an exchange.

I love my gown but had a few small doubts about it because it isnt beaded or blingy. I had considered getting a reception dress that had some sparkle but after thinking about it I love my dress. I want to wear it as long as I can.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't changed it and will not change it, as I stopped looking at dresses as soon as I purchased mine.

• THanks for all of the comments. I went on Friday and tried on the dress and just knew that this was what I wanted! I didn't want to take it off. I am so happy that they let me exchange and now I have no regrets. I think it was meant to be because I never would have tried it on had they not had it displayed on the mannequin in the store. Although with this new dress, I def have to be on a wedding diet. (Luckily, don't have to lose weight but if I gain even a few, it will be alteration city $$ haha!)Can't wait for October 19th!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards