Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photo location vs friend

I've written about a friend whose WP I was in last year, and for her photos, we went to an absolutely fabulous location. It was my dream photography location for pretty much any type of photo shoot. Our photographer thinks he knows where it's located, but I wanted to confirm with my friend. So, I texted her about this. Her reply: "I'm going to be totally selfish here and say I'd rather not say". How the heck do I respond to that? She said that her photos were the only thing she gave a crap about and she wasn't going to help anyone copy her. I'm now on a mission, and talked to our photographer tonight! He's going to look into this tomorrow and let me know. How would you respond to this? I should also say that this is the friend who bad mouthed me while she was planning her wedding. I've written about her on one of the other boards.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photo location vs friend

• I just got a text message from her, and she's ended 11 years of friendship over us possibly using that location for one of our photo shoots. It makes me sad to think that someone would end things like this, but am glad that I no longer have this sort of drama in my life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's pretty crappy of her. I mean, she doesn't own the place!  I don't think you can really say anything to her without coming off as "bridezilla-y."  If you reeeallly have to know and your photographer can't find it, maybe ask one of her WP members who were there that could help you.  Sounds shady advising that, but she doesn't really seem like a "friend" whom I would worry about, so if you are fine with potentially ending the friendship, go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photo-location-vs-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:50fbe99e-07f3-4ae7-8fd2-29d320ee82fbPost:de3964f6-af4e-46c2-af35-82de310941e5">Re: Photo location vs friend</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got a text message from her, and she's ended 11 years of friendship over us possibly using that location for one of our photo shoots. It makes me sad to think that someone would end things like this, but am glad that I no longer have this sort of drama in my life.
    Posted by Alesha1978[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Wow. That is crappy. Weddings make people possesive and crazy!! I played the song I am going to walk down the aisle to for my friend and she loves it.  She also wants to walk down the aisle to it also.  I said go for it!! I don't own the song!! This person seems crazy. Since the friendship is over, I would totally ask her WP members.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with everyone else...really crappy!!! I can't believe some people can be so selfish. I am sure she is not the first (or the last) person to get her pictures taken there. I would have taken it as a compliment if someone approached me with that request.  

If you know who her photographer was you can always approach him/her and ask about it. If it was such a great location I am sure photographers are the first one to steal it!

• Good riddance to her. Maybe you could contact her photographer and ask them where the pictures were taken?
  • I actually googled where I thought it was, and found it today, and yes, it has been the spot of a few photo shoots! My former friend's issue was that she doesn't know any other person who has been photographed there, but she knows me. I'm the same way, MrsG, if I were in her shoes, I'd be thrilled share something like that with someone else!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photo-location-vs-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:50fbe99e-07f3-4ae7-8fd2-29d320ee82fbPost:b3cbb5f8-3e33-405c-af33-196b844e036b">Re: Photo location vs friend</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with everyone else...really crappy!!! I can't believe some people can be so selfish. I am sure she is not the first (or the last) person to get her pictures taken there. I would have taken it as a compliment if someone approached me with that request.   If you know who her photographer was you can always approach him/her and ask about it. If it was such a great location I am sure photographers are the first one to steal it!
    Posted by proudMrsG[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards