Georgia-Atlanta

Venue Questions

Hey guys. I am recently engaged and we are hoping to be married April 2014. So... what now? Lol! Any advice on venues? How much to spend on a venue? How to nail one down? We're thinking around 200 people, total wedding budget of about $18,000. Thanks for your help!! Smile

Re: Venue Questions

• So exciting. My husband and I got married at Carl House and we loved our wedding and I cannot recommend them enough. Beautiful indoor and outdoor space and loved the food and staff!!! Check them out www.carlhouse.com...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_venue-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:2cf2917c-a392-42a6-b726-5d5d14aa01b7Post:d2812b74-7978-4d01-94b9-44d8bb152fbe">Re: Venue Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]So exciting. My husband and I got married at Carl House and we loved our wedding and I cannot recommend them enough. Beautiful indoor and outdoor space and loved the food and staff!!! Check them out <a href="http://www.carlhouse.com..." rel="nofollow">www.carlhouse.com...</a>
    Posted by forever2010love[/QUOTE]

That's awesome!! The Carl House is on my list!! Going to see the Braselton Stover House tonight.
  • edited March 2013
    This is almost like asking we want to buy a car but I have no idea what type. What do you recommend? I think you need to decide what elements of the venue you want first. Also, do you want them to do your catering or do you want all inclusive? We ended up having our reception at the Solarium in Oakhurst. Loved it. We  had about 150 guests. They allowed outside catering and we could bring in our own alcohol which saved us a lot of money!!
  • I love the Carl House too. Such a beautiful location. I went to a friend's wedding there a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately I got sticker price shock when she told me how much she spent. I think it came close to $12,000 (including catering/alcohol) for about 150 guests.  Also, they wouldn't allow her photographer to setup a photo booth because they have one in-house. But if that's not an issue, it's very lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards