New York-Western

Bad Hair and makeup trial today..my wedding is only a few weeks away!

I had my hair and makeup trial today and hated it! I could have easily done my hair and makeup better. I brought in pictures to my trial, but I think the stylist must have been drunk because my hair didn't look anything like the picture. I went in for an airbrush makeup trial and I ended up looked extremely pale (yes my skin looked flawless) I looked like I had a pound of makeup on my face. My fiance saw my makeup and he even said I do a better job myself. I spent $160 on both and wanted to cry.

Regardless I need to find someone new. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Re: Bad Hair and makeup trial today..my wedding is only a few weeks away!

• Where is your wedding?
  • Where did you go?

I used Dianne at Toscana Salon, and she was hands down awesome.  We talked about what colors work well wtih my complexion (i'm VERY fair but olive/yellow toned moreso than pink....so anything pink/red looks bad on me. we switched to browns and blues).  We also discussed that I wanted as sheer a layer as I could.  Obviously i still had several layers of makeup on, but they were light and they blended/melted throughout the day and i still looked awesome by the end of the night!
     I've had my hair done for a few formal events by her, and it always looks great and stays put.
  • Sorry, I can't be too much help - just starting to look at Buffalo hair and makeup artists now for my wedding. Does anyone else have other suggestions on where to go in the Buffalo area? And philharmonista, where did you go? - I don't want to make the same mistake :) Thanks!
  • I'm planning on doing my makeup myself since I like looking more natural.  Have you considered this?  

I too am looking for a hair stylist though to come to my house- so I would also love some reccomendations(and someone who is still available for this year!!)
  • Not sure if you've found someone since this is a few weeks old, but I went to Elite Salon and Day Spa in Elma (right near West Seneca).  They were fantastic!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards