May 2014 Weddings

to soon?

My fiancée and I are starting to plan for a may 2014 wedding. Im just curious how soon is to soon to start looking at venues?

Re: to soon?

• I don't think it's too soon at all! Depending on your area and the venue's popularity, it's an advantage to be looking early
    Anniversary
  • I am getting married May 17th,2014 and I already have my church, reception hall, DJ, photographer and transportation booked! Everyone is telling me that I am doing a great job with my planning and that booking my venues this early, I can snag the best deals. Also, with limos and DJs, May is a popular month and can fill up FAST! Reception halls and ceremony sites are already filling up dates in 2014. DO IT NOW!, you will not stress out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree. It is not too early to start booking. I am getting married May 17th 2014 and we are already beginning to look for venue and vendors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_to-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:26db4899-f565-4a0c-b76c-4d504c681001Post:8105653b-f81e-48c7-aad9-bf52bf71edc2">Re: to soon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married May 17th,2014 and I already have my church, reception hall, DJ, photographer and transportation booked! Everyone is telling me that I am doing a great job with my planning and that booking my venues this early, I can snag the best deals. Also, with limos and DJs, May is a popular month and can fill up FAST! Reception halls and ceremony sites are already filling up dates in 2014. DO IT NOW!, you will not stress out.
    Posted by ryanpaa10[/QUOTE]

Holy crap!  I feel way behind now!  lol

I'm planning to get married 5/10/2014.....I have none of this LOL.  I want to be done with it - but find it all overwhelming!  I dont even know where to start.  I don't think I'm the typical bride...I kinda just want to pick one and be done LOL
  • I am getting married May 3, 2014 and I have our Venue, Food, Linens, Tables and chairs, DJ and Photographer booked. I've had my majors booked since Oct to Nov of last year because the best fill up fast... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ryanpaa10ryanpaa10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_to-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:26db4899-f565-4a0c-b76c-4d504c681001Post:2143172c-4dc3-4606-91b8-de0c7bea7f4c">Re: to soon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: to soon? : Holy crap!  I feel way behind now!  lol I'm planning to get married 5/10/2014.....I have none of this LOL.  I want to be done with it - but find it all overwhelming!  I dont even know where to start.  I don't think I'm the typical bride...I kinda just want to pick one and be done LOL
    Posted by ariawoman[/QUOTE]

Im early but you can never be too early! Id start with the biggest things, like venue, DJ and photographer... dont even look at anything else while you are trying to look for those things. Just focus on one thing at a time. It wont feel as overwhelming.

Im also lucky because my fiance's sister has been engaged 6 months before us and I have received so much advice from her and my future mother in law.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's not too soon, my suggestion is to start early which will give you more options and less stress. My venue is booked and my wedding is May 24, 2014. Good luck!
  • I don't think it's too early! My fiancé and I are currently looking too. I'm not the typical bride either, I just want to book a place and call it a day. I don't have the patience for all this!
  • I booked our venue last April.
    Photo/Video December
    Limo & DJ January
    Florist Feb

I'm getting married May 17, 2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It is never too soon. As a matter of fact if you live in a popular area you should start looking and confirming your venues now as they book up fast for weekend weddings in the Spring. When we planned my Aunt's wedding and she was to be engaged for 16 months... right after she got engaged she picked out venues and all the weekend slots were already taken for the ones she really loved. So it is definitely an advantage to start as early as possible!
  • I don't think it's too early.  My fiance and I are planning for May 18th and our "front-runner" venue is already booked up for all Saturdays in May 2014 and April, hence why we're choosing a Sunday.  As another said, the better and most desired venues get booked fast. 
  • I don't think its too soon... I think the earlier the better. My original wedding date was may 26, 2014 but we came to a halt in finding out that its memorial day : so now I, too, am at square one.... I just feel over whelmed about it all and every one is tired of hearing about it already sighs
  • I totally agree with what all the others have said.  Ours is 5/31/14, and we have reception venue, church, and dj booked.  We wanted a specific reception venue and we are lucky, because right after we booked someone came in wanting our date!  I'd recommend starting as early as you want - we have and I am not stressed one bit.  Maybe talk to me in 6months and I'll say differently ha ha!
  • I have to admit that I have been worried about doing things too early as well. However I have decided that it is better to be too early than too late. My fiance and I have already talked about where we want to have our wedding and we will be booking it very soon for our May 16th 2014 wedding.
  • We just booked our venue for our 5-25-14 wedding. All of the venues we went to were like "Oh yeah, we're open!" even before they checked in their books. I guess early is better! That way you get exactly what you want.
  • We are already tentatively penciled in for our date, which is 5/24/14.  If someone else comes in wanting the same date, they are supposed to call us first. I'm a bit on the paranoid side, so we will be going in very soon to put down the deposit.

I actually have my dress already, too. My MOH suggested dress shopping for Black Friday, and it just happened that the first dress I put on was the ONE. Made everyone cry, including me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lots of May 17th's. I am getting married that day also and I'm still trying to book my venue. I started looking the day I was asked in March 2013 this year
  • My venue is booked already! Also have put in the orders for everything floral. I plan on booking our photographer within a couple weeks! I also found my dress :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • In Response to Re:to soon?:[QUOTE]I agree. It is not too early to start booking. I am getting married May 17th 2014 and we are already beginning to look for venue and vendors. Posted by Soon to Be Mrs Jay[/QUOTE]
    Ooh that's our wedding day too! It's my fiance's parents' 34th wedding anniversary too :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards