Just Engaged and Proposals

Just got engaged last night!

I'm in the hospital so he was on one knee in my hospital bed and gave a very romantic speech about how he didn't think anything could make me love him more until he thought he might lose me. Of all the things I've been asked, he wanted to ask me one more thing, if I would be his wife. Of course I said yes.

Everyone keeps asking about details and dates and whatnot and Im not sure what to say! It's only been 24 hours, right now we're just enjoying being engaged. Also, when do you start planning? What's the first step? How do you start? I feel like a a little kid playing dress up.

edit: forgot a word

Re: Just got engaged last night!

• Once you decide to get started, make a budget. Then determine guest list. Then venue. Feel better
  • Congrats! We took a few days before we started planning anything. In fact we only told our immediate families the day we got engaged.

Like the PP said, make a budget first. That is the base which your whole wedding will be built on. You should also start getting a feel for what type of wedding you want.

TK also has a checklist.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Really happy that you agreed with me Lily. I've lurked for a while but I've only started posting recently,so I'm glad my advice is correct.
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats! It all depends on when you want to get married. We first decided kind of a date. Then since it was a year away I started planning slowly then started more a more. In Omaha the dates were filling up fast. If you are thinking a year away or sooner I would start now!! Good luck!
  • Congrats and hope you heal well!
  • Congratulations! And Get Well Soon,You have planning to do!!  :)   Welcome to the boards:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats.  I definitely would not expect details from someone who got engaged a day before while in the hospital. Get well soon and happy planning when you're up to it. 
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks everyone. :)

I think I'd like to hire a coordinator since I'm not great with organizational stuff, but I don't know anyone who's used one. Should I just start making calls to start interviewing them? My wedding will also be about 6 hours away from where I live, I'm assuming I want to find a planner in that area? My mom lives there and said she would help. What kinds of questions should I be asking in these interviews?

The date I'd love is June 14, 2014 but I'm sure that's in very high demand and might/probably won't be available. Is that something to discuss with a planner?
  • contact Genevieve Bergeron Photography. She is my go to photographer for all weddings and events. She hasn't started booking 2014 until May but she is great and she works with her clients. I haven't had one complaint about her yet and she did my wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards