June 2013 Weddings

first fitting!

I had my first fitting/altercations appointment today. I was so excited to put my dress on again and to get it fitting perfectly! I had to have it taken in a bit in the waist and then the seamstress is doing a 14 point bustle because of how much fabric there is...it is a tulle ballgown with a sweep train. I go back in a month to see the finished product! I'm so so so excited. Anyone else start their alterations?
Also, I hit the 2 month mark today. June 14th!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: first fitting!

• And by altercations, I meant alterations lol dang autocorrect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine currently doesn't fit, I'm hoping with a little sew sew here and little sew sew there- it can fit and look beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my first fitting was on Friday-- it was so fun seeing the dress for the first time in 5 months!  I was worried the bust would be wrong (originally was a sweetheart, but I changed it to a scoop) and it was perfect and so comfortable.  It was more beautiful than I remembered it!  Needed to be taken in a bit and hemmed and my bustle is simple, so I was realived it was an easy fitting.  I just did not want to take it off!  They ordered in the wrong veil, but were so nice in making sure the right one came in by the time my alterations were done and gave me a "loaner" veil so I could have it for my hair trial next week!  I don't keep pics on my phone cause FI is sneaky, but eventually I will share.   Its Casablance 2072

Anniversary
  • My dress is dont being altered and its hanging in my grandmothers closet! All I had to get was a bustle!
    Photobucket
  • I Have my 3rd fitting on April 26.. Should be done!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Getting married June 9th, they are currently holding my dress hostage for me. FI said he'd have to look if it was at our house and had no where to "hide" it. It needs 2 buttons for the bustle. As soon as I call and tell them I'm ready they will put the 2 buttons on, I go in for a final fitting and I pick it up. Thinking it'll be in the next 2 weeks. Have decided to just let it be long and drag a bit if I can't wear my high wedges that I Arady bought prior to alterations. Gonna practice in them as soon as my walking boot comes off my ankle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards