Canada-Ontario
Options

Tuxedo rentals that fit?

I know this topic has been broached before but I didn’t quite find the information I was looking for by searching. I am looking for a place to rent tuxedos for my groomsmen. I am having a bespoke tuxedo made for me out here in LA (where I live) but would never dream of asking my groomsmen to drop that kind of cash for my wedding, so I am looking for a place that rents tuxedos in the Kitchener/Waterloo or Toronto area (I would be willing to go to Toronto to make my groomsmen look good).

Anyway, here is my issue. I have rented a number of tuxedos in my life from the big dealers (Men's Warehouse, Moors etc) and they all have been hideous potato sacs meant for a 300 pound man (all of my groomsmen have thin to athletic body types so no potato sacs needed here). As far as I’m concerned fit is 85% of what makes a suit/tux look good so this issue is paramount. I have realistic expectations and know when renting the fit will be nothing close to perfect but does anybody know of a place in K/W area or the GTA that rents relatively nice fitting tuxedos and produces this nice fit reliably?

Thank you for your time.

- Kyle

PS If you've had a positive experience and could share a picture or two that would be fantastic!

Re: Tuxedo rentals that fit?

• Options
    We just began looking at tuxedo's as well & Moore's carries a Vera Wang 'slim fit'. The pants & shirt both in both slim fit & regular fit... the slim fit worked well for all the men!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My FI is wearing the Vera Wang 'slim fit' from Moore's! He looks very "wow" in it! (He's tall and slim)
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    Ditto - FI is tall and slim and the only suit he looked good in was from the Vera Wang Black Collection at Moore's
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A lot of the tuxedo rental places are now carrying the slim fit lines...there`s a Calvin Klein one at Tip Top.  That`s the one my husband wore at our wedding and you have to request the non-pleated pants - that`s really what makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards