Plus-Sized

My sister is plus size!

Hey, everyone!  I have a plus size sister (not hating .. I'm plus size too!).  She is the only majorly plus sized person in my wedding party -- what is the best dress type to accomodate a big, big breasted and big butt black woman?

(again... not hatin.  She's my sister -- I love her to death!)

Monica

Re: My sister is plus size!

• In Response to Re:My sister is plus size!:[QUOTE]Hey, everyone! nbsp;I have a plus size sister not hating .. I'm plus size too!. nbsp;She is the only majorly plus sized person in my wedding party what is the best dress type to accomodate a big, big breasted and big butt black woman?again... not hatin. nbsp;She's my sister I love her to death!Monica Posted by huntay13[/QUOTE]

Probably an empire waist or aline style dress. But I would suggest she go and try some dresses on and see how she feels in them.

Also, BM dresses don't have the same boning or structure that bridal gowns do. So I would probably avoid strapless since you said she was busty.
  • Take her shopping, maybe before the rest of the BMs so she doesn't feel like the odd-ball out if there aren't dresses tht flatter her.  Don't leave her out of the other shopping, but make sure she will have something to choose from.

And I don't see the need to mention the fact she's a black woman.  Plus size comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, races, and religions.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards