Illinois

DJ Help-Peoria Area

Hi! I'm from Peoria and getting married next summer. Originally, we weren't planning to have a DJ, but now we are leaning towards having one. However, I don't know the best way to pick one out. Tips/suggestions welcome! :)

Re: DJ Help-Peoria Area

• I live in Peoria but did not get married here, so I don't have a specific DJ rec.

However, in general, I would meet with at least 2-3 DJs. I Googled to find our DJ and e-mailed about 8 to get their prices and packages. Then from those, I met with two and narrowed it down to my favorite after we spoke. I also looked up reviews on places like TK, Wedding Wire, etc.

The biggest factors for us were time, money, and personality. We wanted the DJ in a ccertain price point with unlimited time (or at least 8 hours of time) and someone who was enthusiastic and energetic yet not annoying and grabbing people out of chairs to dance like I have seen at other weddings. The DJ we ended up picking was a DJ for a local radio station too so we got to listen to him on-air and get a glimpse of how he DJed.

I'd also visit their websites (I wouldn't put a WHOLE lot of credence into the reviews on their site as they will only post positive ones), but occasionally they have video samples of them DJing at other weddings and you can see them in action.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards