Florida-North Florida

Venue chosen! So exited!

I've been scoping out venues here in Tallahassee, and had whittled down things to two sites that met the majority of my requirements. This past weekend, with my folks in town, I took them to see both of them (Dad has offered to pay, so it's only right). I had tons of material from both places (Southwood house and Golden Eagle CC) for him to look over, along with my notes on top pros and cons of each place.

Went to Southwood first which was being set up for a wedding that day. It's lovely, it would be a "dream" location, but there are some things I don't like, and some info I've heard by word of mouth making me antsy about it. The folks thought it was pretty, but still wanted to see GECC.

At GECC, they were blown away as to how lovely it is, how much space there is available (can move the ceremony indoors if needed), the ample parking, etc. The manager wasn't there, but a set up for Easter had been done in the dining rooms, and so they got an idea of what the basics on the table would look like. Plus, GECC includes A LOT with the rental price of the facility, so it's the best bang for buck, and it's where I had been angling for.

So place is approved! Now just to get the contract, confirm date and deposit. This is really happening!

Re: Venue chosen! So exited!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards