April 2013 Weddings
Options

My sister just started major family drama - UGH!

And it's over something stupid!  I honestly want to throttle her!  My little sister has a new boyfriend and yes, my little sister doesn't always make good choices.  But I met the guy yesterday and he seems like a good guy - steady job, good manners, doesn't talk like he's a street rat, treats her well, etc.  I like him.  Her past boyfriends.... I didn't like them from the second I was introduced to them.  This one, I didn't mind.  Granted, he still has a ways to go in order to prove himself, but he is WAY better than the last few she has brought home.

My older sister, on the other hand, decided to rip into him via my little sister's facebook page.... all because he took her out and they ate chicken on Friday during Lent.  OMG!  So now it's this huge family war with my older sister calling my mom and ripping her a new one for "letting" my little sister (who is 27) date this low-life loser blah blah blah.  Now my mom and little sister aren't coming to Easter dinner and all this mess.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?  Two weeks before my wedding when all 3 of them know my anxiety is already through the roof and I've been having debilitating migraines, they want to start some high school B.S?  I would ordinarily stay out of it and let them duke it out among themselves, but my 5 year old was at my mom's house when this all went down and heard every last bit of it.  I am LIVID!!!!  I'm off to pick up dd now so any vibes you can send me that I don't strangle all 3 of them would be much appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: My sister just started major family drama - UGH!

• Options
    This is one of the reasons I'm glad our families are far away.  Good luck explaining all of that to your daughter :-/
  • Options
    Aaaaand my older sister is STILL at it nearly 24 hours later, this time on MY facebook page, reminding me how I should be grateful to her and remember how many thousands of dollars she is spending to attend my destination wedding (even though I have had several talks with her about my desire for her not to attend, since she's not very financially stable as it is.  But she opted to come anyway and it's all MY fault.  I should be on my knees, thanking my lucky stars that she's going to be there.   *eyeroll*)

Tomorrow is going to be fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    :( Sorry this has been added to what has already been a stressful time for you! Hopefully they'll get themselves back together in time for your wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards