Wedding Party

Two Maids of Honor! Who does what?!

I have two Maids of Honor, which is something I love. They are two women who mean the world to me. As my wedding approaches (less than 90 days!) some of responsibilities of the MoH are coming to mind. How should I delegate who gets to do what? Who gets to hold his ring? Who gets to sign our marriage certificate? I'm just not sure the best way to make this decision. 

Re: Two Maids of Honor! Who does what?!

• Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    The person that holds his ring is the one that stands directly next to you. Then the other MOH can sign the certificate.

ETA- They don't have any "responsibilities" except for showing up in their dress.
    Anniversary
  • I think you are way overthinking this.  Listen to Jessalyn.  About who should hold what.  It really isn't hard.

As for any other "responsibilities" that you may read, ignore them.  All your bridal party has to do is buy the dress and show up on your wedding day sober, looking presentable, and ready to smile for pictures.  Anything else is trully icing on the cake.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Way overthinking. I didn't have a MOH. I had 2 bridesmaids. They decided between themselves what they would do b/c it really doesn't matter. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I also have two MOH and you are overthinking it, one is my sister and the other is my best friend, and they've pretty much just worked it out amongst themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep, try to breathe and calm down.  You are overthinking.  the one that holds the ring is the one closest to you.  As far as your marriage certificate goes, ask your mom or dad to sign it, that way you don't have to pick a MOH.  :)

• I agree you need to take a deep breath ;-)  but I had this thought as well. 

MOH #1 was my college bff; she stood closest to me, held H's ring and my bouquet.  .
    MOH #2 was my HS bff; she stood second, signed the marriage license (seemed appropriate since I knew her longer) and was kinda supposed to be in charge of trane fluffing / bustling
     since she worked at David's Bridal in college I figured she'd have the bustling thing down, but MOH #1 was with me when I picked it up so she was actually the one who learned to bustle it.

So even if you decide some of these things it may change and it's okay!
  • The best man held both of our rings.  I've never even seen the MOH hold them.  Where would she keep them?  Most often, they're carrying a bouquet and have no pockets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards