Not Engaged Yet

BF is moving in... Normal to be nervous?

BF and I have been together for almost a year and a half (we have talked marriage and agree marriage is in our NEAR future).  Monday-Thursday he comes over to my house after work but doesn't normally spend the night because he has a cat at home.  Friday-Sunday I pack a bag and spend the weekend at his place.  We basicly live together already...

We agreed around Thanksgiving that he would move into my house when his lease was up in May and I've been counting the days ever since.  I am so tired of the back and forth and him hopping out of bed at 11:00 to drive home.

The last few weeks he has started to move things in to my place and this weekend he is moving his clothes and his cat.  We will deal with the other things over the next few weeks.

All of a sudden I'm nervous.  What will I do with him around ALL.THE.TIME.?  I know this is silly, we already are around each other all the time...  

I'm assuming this is fairly normal?
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: BF is moving in... Normal to be nervous?

• Its normal to feel nervous.  Anxious even.  I just suggest that you both lay down some ground rules and expectations.  Almost or practically loving together is NOT living together.  Make sure you got all of the "chores" and house work expectations out in the open.  Honestly think you'll be just fine and get into a normal couple's routine. I remember when my now husband and I moved in together I was SO excited to come home, I still am.  But it made the end of the day so much the better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bf-is-moving-in-normal-to-be-nervous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:93a9ba6e-5b28-4c19-a85e-f195c0849cc1Post:15bbff5d-1f66-430f-adb8-200ce9970488">Re: BF is moving in... Normal to be nervous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its normal to feel nervous.  Anxious even.  I just suggest that you both lay down some ground rules and expectations.  Almost or practically loving together is NOT living together.  Make sure you got all of the "chores" and house work expectations out in the open.  Honestly think you'll be just fine and get into a normal couple's routine. I remember when my now husband and I moved in together I was SO excited to come home, I still am.  But it made the end of the day so much the better.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

<div>We've had several discussions about things like chores, but nothing has been set in stone so to speak.  We have 100% agreed on how to handle the finances (we both contribute equally to all household expenses, including food, into a joint account).</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm much more of a neat freak than he is.  I think it is time to revisit the cleaning responsibilities again.  I don't want him to get into the habit of thinking "April will take care of it." . :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I love coming home after work and knowing that he will be there (my commute takes longer than his).  It is especially nice when he texts me in the afternoon and asks if I want him to pick up dinner.  lol</div>
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards