Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon in Williamsburg!!!

Ok, we decided to go camping at Chippokes Plantation which is a 15 min ferry ride to Williamsburg. Besides the usual Colonial Willaimsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown sites and Busch Gardens, what are some fun and romantic things to do, places and restaurants to see and go to?

Re: Honeymoon in Williamsburg!!!

• ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2013
    There is actually a zoo.  It's about a 45 minute drive, but it was cute.  My sister and I went when we vacationed in Williamsburg a few years ago.  I'll try to find the link and post it :)

ETA:  I think it was the virginia zoo in norfolk, but here is a link.  http://www.virginiazoo.org

I do kow that if you go to the historical parts, the restaurants are pretty cool.  They do have a shopping area with more of an adult feel.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're a beach person, check out VA beach. It's pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the food around there (I'm from Baltimore so Virginia's seafood isn't really my thing - no Old Bay) but they also have putt-putting. My favorite putt-putt in the Williamsburg area is by their Kmart.  I really like Jamestown's Island Drive - it is beautiful. You could take a picnic and spend awhile driving/hiking around.
  • i dont know but it sounds fun you can check tripadvisor.com for ideas and ratings too. have fun!

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Have lunch at the Cheese shop for me!  (It is in Colonial Williamsburg, and we went there all the time for a treat when I was in college)
  • I second the beach idea. Virginian beaches can be super pretty. You could try going to a less touristy beach, like in Sandston VA. Really nice, great for walking along, and doesn't get as much tourist traffic. The only thing to watch out for is that it's more residential, so make sure you use the public parking and don't park in front of someone's house.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards