40-Plus Brides

40+, second-time bride...

Since my parents are both deceased.  Is it alright to ask my 2 older brothers to give me away?  Another question, I had wanted them both in tuxedos, but one brother insists he has a new, beautififul black suit, that looks like a tuxedo.  The other brother has no problem with getting a tux.  How do I handle this.....I think it will look a bit awkard with one in a suit and one in a tuxedo.  Can I maybe have the brother that's going to wear the tux mention to the suited brother?

Re: 40+, second-time bride...

• hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I think it is great that your brothers want to do this. My father is deceased and neither of my 2 brothers could make my wedding. I had a cousins husband give me away and he was wearing a suit (not black) and my husband wore a tux. I don;t think they have to match but it depends on how formal you want your wedding. We were formal but the guests and venue were not. We did not want to be to fussy.

There are some weddings where the bridesmaids all wear the same color but not the same style dress. It sounds like it would be like that. Good luck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_40-second-time-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:56599124-d929-44b3-8993-6c5494b27bcfPost:09eb0387-4c5b-4cd0-8dc7-f85ebb782370">Re: 40+, second-time bride...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is great that your brothers want to do this. My father is deceased and neither of my 2 brothers could make my wedding. I had a cousins husband give me away and he was wearing a suit (not black) and my husband wore a tux. I don;t think they have to match but it depends on how formal you want your wedding. We were formal but the guests and venue were not. We did not want to be to fussy. There are some weddings where the bridesmaids all wear the same color but not the same style dress. It sounds like it would be like that. Good luck.
    Posted by hutchsl[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your response......it helped me put things in perspective!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards