Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Phototgraphy Insurance

Hi ladies!

I post on a few of the other boards, but, I am in the midst of a crazy situation.  Because of Sandy, we had to move our picture location... We found a place that will let us take our pics there but needs to have a copy of the insurance policy from the photographer.  Our photographer is a professional, but, is a friend of a friend of my FI.  When I phoned him, he said he didn't have insurance but would get it.  This was last Thursday.  This morning the place called me to say they still didn't have it... I of course called the photog right away... he said he would take care of it.

Is this expensive?  Does it take long?

I am quasi bugging out...
Wedding Countdown Ticker
201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image

Re: Phototgraphy Insurance

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_phototgraphy-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:114c3777-460e-4baa-b6e9-e0848659f592Post:9f9345fb-dc43-4cd0-8878-e87f8d777397">Phototgraphy Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I post on a few of the other boards, but, I am in the midst of a crazy situation.  Because of Sandy, we had to move our picture location... We found a place that will let us take our pics there but needs to have a copy of the insurance policy from the photographer. <strong> Our photographer is a professional,</strong> but, is a friend of a friend of my FI.  When I phoned him,<strong> he said he didn't have insurance but would get it.</strong>  This was last Thursday.  This morning the place called me to say they still didn't have it... I of course called the photog right away... he said he would take care of it. Is this expensive?  Does it take long? I am quasi bugging out...
    Posted by rachelm13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If he doesn't have insurance, he doesn't sound like a professional.

</div>
  • Options
    Insurance policies can be effective immediately, however can often take up to 30 days to get a certificate.
  • Options
    Your photographer can get coverage imediately. It takes 1 -2 days turnaround time to get a certificate of liability. ( I need it as a wedding planner). All they have to do is ask. Are you sure they are professionals? You should probably ask if they have back up equipment. OR start looking for another photographer and get your money back. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards