October 2013 Weddings

Dance lessons

is anyone taking dance lessons? We got a gift cert for a dance studio to take lessons and we have both been so busy that we still havent made an apt. Are we waiting too long? We plan on having a routine for "come fly with me" at the end of our first dance. Kind of like a ballroom dance type thing.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dance lessons

• Honestly, we're not doing it cause I don't really think it is worth it. I am a ballroom dancer, but I totally plan on just the boring "hold and dance/sway." I don't want one more thing to worry about and FI really isn't a dancer.

With the gift card though, that's awesome and you will enjoy going together. At my studio, I see couples come in often planning wedding dances. It's cute to watch.

I would think you would need about 6 - 10 lessons to learn choreography and practice, but the studio will help you plan that out. You should have more than enough time, but you might want to make your first appointment soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I had enough ballroom dancing during my years of Cotillion. I have no interest in returning to the dance floor. The only 'dancing' I do these days is Dance Dance Revolution and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Also my fiance has no rhythm and very poor balance, so I doubt that would end well at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards