Texas-Houston

Need cheap but good alterations

Hello ladies!

Finally got my dress, and I need a few alterations.

The main thing is I want to add spaghetti straps to my strapless dress (this dress is not holding the girls in, haha).  If possible, I might want a tiny alteration here or there to make it fit better, but only if it's not expensive.

I'm willing to drive anywhere, but don't have much money.  Need someone reliable though.  Any recs?

Thank you!

SaveSave

Re: Need cheap but good alterations

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_need-cheap-but-good-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:032582b2-a446-4897-9843-46954efc388dPost:634d660b-6733-4933-a834-2f0ea2a58181">Need cheap but good alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! Finally got my dress, and I need a few alterations. The main thing is I want to add spaghetti straps to my strapless dress (this dress is not holding the girls in, haha).  If possible, I might want a tiny alteration here or there to make it fit better, but only if it's not expensive. I'm willing to drive anywhere, but don't have much money.  Need someone reliable though.  Any recs? Thank you!
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

<div>If you are willing to drive to Katy, I would recommend Katy Bridal and Tux. It's a dry cleaning place that also does alterations. My alterations, including a bustle, taking in the top and the sides, was $250. I would maybe call to see if they are still doing bridal. At one point, the woman mentioned that they were thinking about stopping since she didn't have a lot of help. However, She did great work and I would highly recommend!!</div>
  • I went to Jane's Bridal in Pearland. She was great and cheap. I think it was $100 total to take in the waist and zipper back. She also replaced some pearls on the dress that were missing (it was a used dress). The cleaners she took it too did an excelent job. The week of the wedding I realized the fit was not quite right and took it back in. She got it done quickly as it was an out of town wedding. A friend recommended her who had a dress altered elsewhere and her words "they butchered my dress". Jane did an excellent job repairing it.
  • Thanks!  I'll check them out!

SaveSave
  • I would say Jane's Bridal also...my sister had great work done there and I thought it was reasonable.
  • There is a dry cleaners in the River Oaks shopping center that is very reasonable and there alterations are excellent (west gray).
  • Thanks, everyone!

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards