Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette Party

I am the first of my friends to get married, so I don't have a lot of wedding experience.  I also don't know too much about etiquette.  My parents weren't big on it, and I was taught to just treat people how I would want to be treated (ie: I never cared to get a thank you note, so I've never sent one.  Don't worry!  I will be sending thank yous for my wedding!)

So when we got engaged, my FI and I had this great idea that we would have our bachelor and bachelorette parties on the same night in Atlantic City, in different hotels of course.  We suggested this to our friends and everyone was into the idea.  Afterwards, I read that apparently, it was rude for us to give a suggestion for a bachelor/bachelorette party.  Oops!  Thankfully, I don't think any of our friends took any offense. 

The question now is, since I suggested it, am I responsible for booking a room?  My MOH told me her mom offered to help her pay for the bachelorette party, but now I feel guilty about making the suggestion, and am thinking I should book the room.  My FI's friends have already booked a room for his party, but I haven't heard any new details about what we are doing.  It makes me think perhaps I should step up and offer to book the room myself.

Re: Bachelorette Party

• Options
    I helped my girls figure out the weekend and the destination. Other than that I've removed myself from needing or wanting any other details. So I think you picking the destination as fine as long as you stay out of the rest and appreciate what is given to you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    I helped picked the destination for my bachelorette party, but I also am paying for myself/put the $ down for the house that we are renting (we are all going to split it evenly).  Now that the basics are done, my MOH has taken over the planning of what we are going to do while we are there (although whatever she plans, I will be paying my share of).  My bachelorette party is more of a pre wedding vacation, but labeled a "bachelorette party" as a good reason to get all the girls together and go somewhere fun
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Bachelorette Party:[QUOTE]I am the first of my friends to get married, so I don't have a lot of wedding experience.nbsp; I also don't know too much about etiquette.nbsp; My parents weren't big on it, and I was taught to just treat people how I would want to be treated ie: I never cared to get a thank you note, so I've never sent one.nbsp; Don't worry!nbsp; I will be sending thank yous for my wedding!So when we got engaged, my FI and I had this great idea that we would have our bachelor and bachelorette parties on the same night in Atlantic City, in different hotels of course.nbsp; We suggested this to our friends and everyone was into the idea.nbsp; Afterwards, I read that apparently, it was rude for us to give a suggestion for a bachelor/bachelorette party.nbsp; Oops!nbsp; Thankfully, I don't think any of our friends took any offense.nbsp; The question now is, since I suggested it, am I responsible for booking a room?nbsp; My MOH told me her mom offered to help her pay for the bachelorette party, but now I feel guilty about making the suggestion, and am thinking I should book the room.nbsp; My FI's friends have already booked a room for his party, but I haven't heard any new details about what we are doing.nbsp; It makes me think perhaps I should step up and offer to book the room myself. Posted by gpeeples[/QUOTE]

I dont think its wrong to suggest what you want.

My sis also had her BP in AC. I was planning it and I wanted to make sure it would be something she'd want so I def asked her her thoughts on things and she wasnt afraid to tell me what she wanted and didnt want. I am glad she some input in it bc otherwise maybe I would have given her a party she wouldnt have enjoyed.

We had 13 girls in 3 rooms and each girl paid her own share for the room and dinner and drinks. Message me if you need any ideas we went last summer and it was absolute blast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YEah- I think you should at least offer. They can decline, but at least you give them that out if it's not something they can afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards