October 2013 Weddings

BP Gifts

How much have you budgeted for this? Are you spending a little more on your MOH then the rest of your BMs?

So far I got them all a necklace. The BMs match and the MOH's is different, each a coach wristlet, and a shawl type thing, in case they are cold. I am not requiring them to use any of these for the wedding, it is their choice. Oh and I got them all a decorative plastic cup (the ones with the covers and the straws) to use at the reception if they'd like.

I am also thinking of getting each of them a bottle of wine and a decorative glass with maybe their name or something on it.

Re: BP Gifts

• I need ideas my MOH and 1 of my 5 bridesmaids and My officant( BF) have done more for me then the others .
  • Right now the only thing I have planned for gifts are the shoes. (FH & I are giving our BP Chucks to wear, if they choose, at the reception.) We might be changing into Chucks for the reception, and it's a very "us" thing. As far as other gifts, I'm not sure yet. My MOH is my sister and my BM is my best friend from HS. His BM is his brother and his GM is his closest friend from college... 

So, I'm not sure yet. I want to get them each something that's very "them" but I don't know what my budget is yet for their gifts. I'm probably going to go with like $25ish each.
  • mochietoemochietoe member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    I am not having a bridal party so I am not much help but if I did probably in the $25-50 range.

ETA: My new ticker will not show up, ergh!
    ETA: Fixed it!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting them all ss Tiffany heart necklaces. I might get my maid of honor and matron of honor another item as well, but don't know what it is yet. I do want them to wear it to the wedding, but I have no problem admitting that. All of them have other pieces of Tiffany jewelry that they wear on a day to day basis, so it is something they would all wear anyway.

Honestly, I have budgeted quite a bit for this - there are 7 girls. They have all been generous with gift giving for events in the past and I wanted to do something nice for them as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I have no idea what I am doing for gifts... I planned on getting all the girls robes and making them hair pieces for the day of... but I will prob buy them their jewelery and get a little something extra for my MOH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 09McSteph0309McSteph03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I just have one - my sister is my MOH and then FI has his brother as his BM.  No other attendants.  I have budgeted about $100-150 for her and have been thinking a lot it.  I really want it to be personal and a true representation of our relationship as sisters and best friends.  I haven't settled on any one idea.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • I haven't decided on budget or ideas. It depends on how much is left in the budget after we pay the caterer and I cannot even estimate what that might be until we find out if my parents/siblings are going to come. I haven't talked to them in months (insert ridiculous drama here)
  • I got them their jewelry and shoes for the wedding, which they already know Ive purchased. Ive got them each a fossil watch so far. Im also planning on getting them some type of personalized shirt or robe for the day of to get ready in.

All said and done Im probably spending $150-$200 per BM but they spent close to that on their dresses. Not to mention what they will spend on me for gifts/bachelorette/hair ect. I really want them to know how much I appreciate them. Its not cheap being someones friend on their wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards