August 2013 Weddings
Options

Anybody else in school right now?

I have less then 3 weeks left of this semester and then I'm taking this summer off of classes! I've been in classes for the last 6 semesters straight. So this will be a nice break just to focus on work and the wedding. Planning a wedding while working and going to school was not such a fantastic idea, but things are slowing down. I only have 2 semesters left after this one before student teaching, so I can see the finish line! 

Is anybody else in college/taking classes while planning their wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anybody else in school right now?

• Options
    Last summer I was finishing my masters degree. I did mine in Special Education, so the whole summer I was interning as a Special Education Teacher at a school that was 45 minutes from my home and putting together my portfolio in the mean time.  It was stressful, but thankfully, I was still ahead of the game as far as planning.  I had a lot of time (well over a year still), but I did find that the summer was a perfect opportunity for a lot of my family and both FI and I to hash out some details.  Good luck in finishing it all up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am in class and will be through August 16! I have one week off between Spring and Summer Session 1 and one week between Summer Session 1 and 2. Our wedding is
    August 24 and honeymoon August 27 - September 4th.. then back to class September 5!

Busy but it will be worth it. We have basically everything done for the wedding. It was nice to start early to relieve some stress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, I'm in school until May 11th. Like sparkellyy, I got almost everything done before school started in January but will still have plenty of time to do more planning before the wedding once summer starts.

I am a photography major at the Academy of Art in SF, so it can get a bit hectic between writting essays and having to schedule photoshoots every weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Options
    Me! I'm doing the same though and taking the summer off! :
  • Options
    I'm not in school, but my FI is.  He's in his 2nd year of law school and he'll be in class until early May.  He starts his internship a week after classes end and that goes until a few days before the wedding (aug 10).  We're going on our HM Aug 11-20, so he will actually have to miss his first 2 days of his 3rd (and final!) year.  We have almost everything done now except little details, but it was difficult planning around his schedule especially since we are getting married 3 hours away.
  • Options
    I'm not in school, graduated last May (yay!) but my FI is in school. We put off planning our honeymoon until he was able to pick his summer schedule. He hasn't had to worry about much since I'm doing the majority of the planning but he still gets a say!

Bravo to you for balancing it all, I know how hard it can be with full time work and staying on top of classes. Add wedding planning to the mix and I can see how it can get pretty stressful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am! I'll be finishing up my Masters in Environmental Science and Management August 2, two weeks before the wedding. I was off to a great start planning last summer, but this semester has been challenging. I've had a lot of wedding stuff to do on the weekends, and my final project for school is really gearing up as well. Plus, like the rest of you I'm sure, I also have work to fit in. I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize...once May hits I just have my project to worry about and life will be much easier!
  • Options
    My FI is in college too! He is a full year ahead of me though so he's been looking and applying for summer internships! He graduates in December. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm finishing up student teaching in about 3 weeks. It would have been much easier to plan while taking classes than trying to plan while student teaching. If you have to do it one way or another, you are doing it right! I literally have no time to do much related to the wedding, except this week since my kids are on spring break. 

Another major hurdle is the fact that the wedding, and FI are about 2 hours away from where I'm going to school. I'm not letting it stress me though, things really seem to have a way of just fallng together.

• Options
    Both FI and I are finishing up our degrees. This semester has been the hardest though. Full time school, full time work, and wedding planning could be a circus act! Like PPs, we got a majority of our stuff planned before this semester started. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm finishing up my master's degree right now. Will graduate on May 5th... giving myself the month of April to focus on school stuff and then the real wedding frenzy will begin before our day is here, 8.3.13. I work full-time and have a part-time job as well, so I knew I'd be crunched for time. I tried to hit the ground running early (we got engaged June 2012) and feel like I've knocked a lot out. However, it hit me yesterday that I have exactly 4 months and a boat load to do. School + wedding planning is truly a challenge, but if you can do it, I say you can do anything! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards