Missouri-St Louis
Options

Rustic outdoor barn venues near STL/Washington/Union area

Hello! 

I’m looking for an outdoor space with trees for the ceremony, and a rustic barn for the reception. I live in the Washington, MO area and would love finding something under an hour away. I've looked at many sites for venues like Cedar Lake Cellars, Bee Tree Park, and Little Piney Lodge, but none of them quite fit the style I'm going for. I want a more laid back and woodsy/farm location where I can make the decor as natural and as rustic possible. Below are some images of ceremony spaces and barns I like. PLEASE let me know if you know of anything!!

Re: Rustic outdoor barn venues near STL/Washington/Union area

• Options
    Here's great barn wedding venue http://www.dodsonorchards.com :)

• Options
    Hello, My name is Nicole May
    I am a professional photographer here in the Jefferson County/Stl surrounding areas.
    I recently shot a wedding at Chaumette Winery.
    This barn is absoulutely gorgeous!
    A white picket fence borders a lakes and lighted pathways to the venue.
    The food is prepared family style or by head right in front of you. 
    I hope you look into it because the workers are all wonderful to work with
    The mason jar centerpieces are devine and the lighting has such a warm vintage romance 
    you just can't pass it up. 
  • Options
    Our wedding is in the Barn at Chaumette Winery in St. Genevieve (the place PP listed). It is absolutely gorgeous (but hey, I chose the place, so of course I think that). I wanted an outdoor and rustic vibe, too, and their barn is perfect for that sort of feeling. I was considering some of the other winerys, but a couple things that I really like about Chaumette that I didn't find at other places: 

1) They have a lot of flowers/garden-like areas. This was important to me because I didn't want it to scream "WINE", I wanted it to scream, "We are outdoors and this is nature." 
    2) The barn is secluded from the rest of the winery. It will be blatantly obvious to other guests of the winery that it is a private event.
    3) The barn has a "Plan B" ceremony location on the second level, in case it rains (our ceremony is outside; they also have an all-faiths chapel).
    4) There is a patio to the side of the barn (you walk out the side doors of the barn to get to it). We thought we could use the space either as a dance floor or to seat the WP, if the weather is nice.
    5) The bathrooms are private; only guests of your event use them.

Note: As the PP noted, the food can be family style or seated and is made in front of you, as there is an outdoor kitchen on the edge of the patio I described. They have a kitchen elsewhere on the property where they prepare/store the food that is pre-cooked.

Perfection in my book!
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone that replied on here, but unfortunately these locations are over 2 hours away from my hometown. Thank you for your help though! 
  • Options
    The Rocking J Ranch, just 20 min west of St. Louis is my family's Ranch.
    www.stlouisbarnwedding.com
    The Barn is large enough to hold a max of 350 people, yet its intimate for a smaller group as well. Good Luck!

• Options
    Try www.facebook.com/HaueValley.  It would be less than 30 minutes away.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://stlouis.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_rustic-outdoor-barn-venues-near-stlwashingtonunion-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:406c15a4-75d3-47d7-9eea-c05c1d4fd5f6Post:5d6f15d3-2caf-4100-beb5-b157a803b453">Rustic outdoor barn venues near STL/Washington/Union area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I’m looking for an outdoor space with trees for the ceremony, and a rustic barn for the reception. I live in the Washington, MO area and would love finding something under an hour away. I've looked at many sites for venues like Cedar Lake Cellars, Bee Tree Park, and Little Piney Lodge, but none of them quite fit the style I'm going for. I want a more laid back and woodsy/farm location where I can make the decor as natural and as rustic possible. Below are some images of ceremony spaces and barns I like. PLEASE let me know if you know of anything!! Thanks : )
    Posted by ndoorack[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards