Ohio-Cincinnati

Flower Preservation and Framing Recommendations

Hi!  I'm looking into places to have my bouquet preserved after our wedding.  I wanted to see if anyone had a place they'd recommend for this in the Cincy/N.KY area?  I have only found one in Cincy and the prices seem very high (Fleur a Flair).  I found one more that high priced too but is in Dayton and requires you to ship them, adding close to $50 to an order.  I just didn't expect it to be this high.  I'm guessing it's due to the custom framing which I know is always expensive.  The other thing is, I'm not sure how much I will love my bouquet and hate committing until after the wedding, after seeing my bouquet.  Which woudlnt' be an issue, however, we are leaving for honeymoon on Monday after wedding, thus flowers would need to get there that day from a friend dropping them off.  Any suggestions or advice from those who have done this?  Thanks!

Re: Flower Preservation and Framing Recommendations

• If you don't want to go the professional route, this is what I did:

I got two boxes ($10/ea) from Hobby Lobby of the silicone gel and poured it all in a cardbox box.  Then I completely submerged my bouquet in there and left for our honeymoon.  We came back and it worked almost as well as professional except a few blooms were crushed.

I also heard for other flowers (like bouts or cake flowers) can be preserved using hair spray.  You can use some petals and put them in a clear ornament for Christmas or place them in a wreath for your front door.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's great!  I might try that!  The other option I though of was just getting the flowers preserved and then framing it on my own.  Just not sure how hard that would be! 

Thanks for your advice!
  • check out freezeframeit.com
    They're in Dayton so you can go there directly yourself. A friend of mine who got married last year did it and just told me about it so I don't know a whole lot but they can make beads and jewelry out of your flowers and can make neat little keepsakes. My friend has a bead made out of her flower pedals on her pandora bracelet and they also make cuff links. Could be a cool 1 year anniversary gift!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards