Pre-wedding Parties

Shower gift question

Not sure as to what's expected, so just wondering what you've normally done...

When you’re invited to a shower you can’t make, do you still send a gift? Would how close you are to the bride factor in (in my case, bride is the fiance of my FI’s best friend- we’ve met a few times when visiting his home country)? Thanks!

Re: Shower gift question

• If I was close to the bride or groom, I would send a shower gift. 
    You're not obligated to send a gift.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-gift-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:f3687127-5b09-4ded-9516-14001545c1d9Post:12c3c482-6628-4c7d-8366-c0f7cf5b0ad7">Shower gift question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure as to what's expected, so just wondering what you've normally done... When you’re invited to a shower you can’t make, do you still send a gift? Would how close you are to the bride factor in (in my case, bride is the fiance of my FI’s best friend- we’ve met a few times when visiting his home country)? Thanks!
    Posted by greenwoodheights[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I usually send a gift, but you're definitely not obligated.

</div>
  • I don't send a gift if I can't make it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If it's a close friend or family member, I'll send a gift. If it's someone I wouldn't really want to attend a shower for anyway, I wouldn't. You don't have to.
  • I have to agree with some of the postings.

If you are close to the couple, you send them the gift if you can´t make it to the shower. But if you just meet them, or hang up with them a few times, is ok if you don´t send them anything.

There is no obligation at all of course. It is an invitation to participate, not a must.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards