Wedding Invitations & Paper

Menu choices (specific or general) & invite wording check

I have two questions! Firstly, in regards to the menu choices on the RSVP card. We are having a dilemma because we have chosen a chicken and beef option, but have yet to settle on a vegetarian option (caterer is re-vamping the menu; new vegetarian options are not yet known). However, we need to order our invites before the new veggie options will come out. In this situation, do you think it is better if the menu choices are simply:

_ chicken _ beef _ vegetarian
with more information provided on the wedding website, once details are known?

Or, would it be better to give details on the menu choices we know on the RSVP card, and simply leave vegetarian as 'vegetarian'? E.g.:
_ amaretto chicken supreme _ herb crusted beef tenderloin _ vegetarian

Also, I know you do this ALL the time, but I was hoping for a quick double check of this wording because I keep thinking I've done something wrong (CMGr?)

Invitation: 
Jaenella
and
FI
together with their parents
request the honour of your presence
at their marriage
Saturday, the fifth of October
two thousand thirteen
at five o'clock in the afternoon
Church
Address
City, Province

Reception card:
Please join us after the ceremony
at Reception Venue
Address
City, Province

For accomodations, directions and more information
please visit our website at <link>

Response card:
The favour of a reply is requested by September 6, 2013.

M___________________________
_ happily accepts _ regretfully declines

Please indicate the entree choice for each guest
_ chicken _ beef _ vegetarian

Re: Menu choices (specific or general) &amp;amp; invite wording check

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I would just put Accepts or Declines and skip the happily and regretfully.

Otherwise, I think you've done a nice job. :-)
  • Are you sure you have to order the RSVP cards now?  I would call the stationery vendor to ask if you could get those later.  Is it to save money on shipping?  Could you get those made with the same paper and font locally?

If you do have to order it all now, which I do understand, I'd call the caterer and explain what you are doing. It seems very reasonable they can give you the name of two or three specific vegetarian entrees they know they could offer. I feel like a safe bet would be butternut squash ravioli or vegetarian lasagna.  Can't they give you any details? 

Good luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_menu-choices-specific-or-general-invite-wording-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:89fb314a-1d76-4cb2-b55b-c47799ca288dPost:bbd3f4c7-f930-4501-962a-67bc1c446188">Re: Menu choices (specific or general) & invite wording check</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you sure you have to order the RSVP cards now?  I would call the stationery vendor to ask if you could get those later.  Is it to save money on shipping?  Could you get those made with the same paper and font locally? If you do have to order it all now, which I do understand, I'd call the caterer and explain what you are doing. It seems very reasonable they can give you the name of two or three specific vegetarian entrees they know they could offer. I feel like a safe bet would be butternut squash ravioli or vegetarian lasagna.  Can't they give you any details?  Good luck!
    Posted by Ella and Pedro[/QUOTE]

<div>I disagree. It will likely be more hassle than it is worth to do the RSVPs in a separate order. There is absolutely nothing wrong with putting chicken, beef, vegetarian.  If your guests have specific questions, they can call you.  We did not select our exact menu choices until one month before the wedding, so we had no option other than to keep our meal options general on the RSVP.</div>
  • I also would just list beef, chicken, veg. If for some reason you have to change the details, then the guests wouldn't know. Those who care can contact you.
  • CMGr and  itzMS - thanks so much for the help with the wording! It's much appreciated.

Ella - we considered having it done locally at a later date, separate from the rest of the order, but the local vendor is about $200 more expensive than the one we are planning on going with, unfortunately. We've tried hassling the caterer to give us at least one option but he doesn't want to confirm a dish in case it changes (they just changed ownership; it's a bit of a nightmare right now).

Libby and MM - thanks! I think the general chicken-beef-veg is what we will go with; we can provide more details online/in response to questions.

Thanks all for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards