Second Weddings

Ex Drama, Divorce Decree, Marriage Stuff

My ex has been nothing but causing drama for me about getting remarried. We fought out our divorce for over 2 years (he kept saying he wanted to get back together, we would get court ordered marriage counseling with a review hearing, he would not show up and was living with a flavor of the week, go back to court, he would cry, repeat.) Finally, I thought it was over and he pulled the papers the day before it would have been final. (He served me)

So, FI and I planned our wedding thinking I was divorced. I went to grab the divorce decree and marriage settlement papers from the court house and found out my ex pulled the divorce papers. UGH.

So, we fought the divorce out again thankfully in time for us to get married in May. I received the decree in February. So I thought that meant it was all done.

Today, I open my mail to find a letter from my ex's attorney saying they are appealing the decree. What. The. Bleep?!? My ex now has 6 kids to 5 women including one on the way with the girl he supposedly married at the courthouse last week.

Anyone else have experience with this? I know I need to call my lawyer Monday but its Saturday nite and I am massively stressing out and want to cry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ex Drama, Divorce Decree, Marriage Stuff

•  I dont have the answers you are looking for, but I am interested in how one appeals the decree then gets married at the courthouse. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    68image Invited to Our Winter Wonderland-Dooms Day Wedding
    29image Made it to the party!
    39 image Were Snowed in due to weather.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers http://theworldlink.com/promises/doomsday-love/article_79f1a6dc-6680-11e2-9090-001a4bcf887a.html ***ALL IN ALL WE ARE MARRIED YAY!***
  • I have no idea. This divorce has been nothing but a fricken nitemare. He met this girl in December and she started texting me demanding "I" finish the divorce because he claimed he served me. Meanwhile I was waiting on him and he just ran out of appeals. He walked out on me, a union job, 2 new cars, and a house 2 weeks after we got married to live in his moms attic and cheat. Turns out he had been cheating the whole 5 years of our relationship and decided he "didnt want to do it anymore." Its been an utter nightmare.

When the decree came she posted MY divorce decree that clearly states I divorced him for abandonment, adultery, and all that other crap and then all their "wedding pictures" in addition to sending me pictures from it. I thought it was over but apparently I cant get rid of my ex or his yetti.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought once a divorce is final, it's final?? How do you appeal that? I'm confused...
  • The same thing happened to me. My ex fought me tooth and nail while yet getting married to someone else before we were divorced. I simply told the judge about his new marriage and my plans to remarry and it worked in my favor, complete with child support and full custody with no visitation. Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_ex-drama-divorce-decree-marriage-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:0905d610-2675-436a-b207-c1083f816bd5Post:bac98679-c0d3-4671-a22b-b821e0bc4395">Re: Ex Drama, Divorce Decree, Marriage Stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]The same thing happened to me. My ex fought me tooth and nail while yet getting married to someone else before we were divorced. I simply told the judge about his new marriage and my plans to remarry and it worked in my favor, complete with child support and full custody with no visitation. Good luck!
    Posted by shaygray88[/QUOTE]

Glad I am not the only one. How ridiculous. I was having a meltdown.

I think it can be appealed since he owes money? I am not sure. My attorney sent him a letter about him being in violation of the last court order so perhaps his attorney is just being an idiot. It would not be the first time his attorney has been blind sided by his affairs, mistresses, or adulterous habits. When the Private Investigator presented his evidence my Ex's attorney just stuttered. Its hard to defend 5 kids, 30+ women, and still argue to stay on your wifes health insurance and ask for marriage counseling to reconcile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_ex-drama-divorce-decree-marriage-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:0905d610-2675-436a-b207-c1083f816bd5Post:251c3132-1adb-4ea3-8c34-cffdd73fe7cd">Re: Ex Drama, Divorce Decree, Marriage Stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ex Drama, Divorce Decree, Marriage Stuff : Glad I am not the only one. How ridiculous. I was having a meltdown. I think it can be appealed since he owes money? I am not sure. My attorney sent him a letter about him being in violation of the last court order so perhaps his attorney is just being an idiot. It would not be the first time his attorney has been blind sided by his affairs, mistresses, or adulterous habits. When the Private Investigator presented his evidence my Ex's attorney just stuttered. Its hard to defend 5 kids, 30+ women, and still argue to stay on your wifes health insurance and ask for marriage counseling to reconcile.
    Posted by daffydillie[/QUOTE]

You will win in the end. Just hold it together. It will work out. Trust me:)
  • I'd be freaking out about this if my wedding were a month away too. Is your attorney telling you that you are okay to proceed with the wedding?

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I'm just glad that I got a restraining order against my ex when I filed the divorce papers, as it stopped him from harassing me. Fortunately, there were no children, so there is no reason to have any contact from him, and once the divorce was final, that was it. The nice thing is that when I do get remarried and we go to the records office to fill out the forms, all I have to do is write down the date my divorce became final.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards