Snarky Brides

Thursday

Almost there! This week has been completely exhausting and I can't figure out why I'm so tired. I can't wait for the weekend.

How is everyone's Thursday going? Any plans? Making anything good for dinner? I think I'm going to make bunless turkey burgers served over salad.
Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thursday

• Oooh I love bison...bison chili sounds delicious! Where would you buy bison from though? We don't have it in grocery stores around here.

I'm jealous of everyone who has off work tomorrow!! I am making Jalapeno Chicken Burgs for dinner I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b6aca56e-7a05-4da2-9b15-082950c226ccPost:a36542db-7790-4751-9fa1-4ce60788ec7d">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been playing assistant to H while he finishes his thesis revisions, and I am pooped. I made bison chili for dinner,
    Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

What is your H going to school for? I remember you saying somewhere you met him when you went back to school. Is he also getting his MFA?

Bison chili sounds great! I've wanted to try cooking bison but it isn't readily available most of the time - or maybe I just haven't really looked for it.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Buzz - you have PM.

No rest for the wicked here on Good Friday.  As religious as doc is, he still sees patients.
  • I think I'm going to pull some home made tomato soup out of the freezer for dinner and throw it in the slow cooker. I need to pick FI up at the train station at 8pm, so that way it will be ready when we get back. I've been rationing it out since the end of last summer, I made it using tomatoes from our garden and its super yummy!

Making a prime rib tomorrow for a special treat for just the 2 of us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Marrin - you have a PM back to you

Angel, that soup sounds great! I should get more into making recipes in bulk and then freezing things for later use. Oh and prime rib, yum!

I feel like most things here in our area do not close for Good Friday, other than schools. I have a feeling we'll get off a little early, but that's about it.

• Its nice having the day off, but its kinda a pain that EVERYTHING is closed. We need to make sure we have all the stuff we need for working around the house tonight. We're planning to super clean the house and put up our new blinds in a couple of rooms. I'm excited to see how they look. We've been rocking the paper blinds in the powder room and office since December!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b6aca56e-7a05-4da2-9b15-082950c226ccPost:7d91fc54-5233-408c-a725-1695fc5df55a">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its nice having the day off, but its kinda a pain that EVERYTHING is closed. We need to make sure we have all the stuff we need for working around the house tonight. We're planning to super clean the house and put up our new blinds in a couple of rooms. I'm excited to see how they look. We've been rocking the paper blinds in the powder room and office since December!
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

Oh new blinds, exciting! It always amazes me how little changes make such a difference. We just got rid of some hideous vertical blinds we had from when we moved in. We wanted to put some nice wood blinds in the kitchen but it was a little above our budget right now but maybe next year we'll spring for them.

Everytime I went to type "blinds" i kept typing "blings" and had to correct myself.

• I'm glad you get it Buzz, I feel so cheesy saying "I'm so excited about my new blinds!"

Congrats Tarra, that's super exciting! As someone who's just starting my MA thesis research, I totally get it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards