Maryland

officiant recommendations

Hi there,

My fiance and I are getting married in six months and I'm having trouble choosing an officiant. We want to do a few unique things (a ring-warming and a knot-tying ceremony) and would really like the opportunity to do a run-through the night before to make sure the timing is right and that we don't fumble with the knot. Most of the officiants we've talked to won't guarantee the rehearsal if it's on a Friday and we're actually coming to MD from Ohio for the wedding, so we can't do it on a different night. Any suggestions for someone who is warm, personable, and accomodating with rehearsals?

I'm also posting this to the Baltimore board, Thanks!

Re: officiant recommendations

• Try Rev Wesley Peyton, out of Fairfax, VA  (he and his wife can perform ceremonies)They are pretty flexible, but you will have to pay for your special requests. Good luck!!
  • Check out Divine Transformations/Rev. Laura Cannon. I know her personally (though she's not MY officiant), and she's fantastic. She's done hundreds of weddings and is keyed into the spiritual aspect and will customize for you...

• We used Rev Alberta Eaton (http://www.revalbertaeaton.com/) for our wedding in 2009 and she was great.  We included a celtic handfasting, in our ceremony and it went really well.  Rev Eaton wove an explanation of the meaning into the ceremony so that our guests understood what was going on.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I highly recommend Alberta Eaton!  She is great!
    tPoz Photography - www.tpozphoto.com
    May 5, 2007 **MARRIED**
  • Fran Calhoon was my officiant. She was so wonderful. She creates a custom ceremony for each couple, and she will incorporate anything that you want. She was able to do ours on super short notice (like two weeks), and she offered to do it really cheaply because it was just me and my husband, but I still felt like we were taken care of. She even had her husband take wedding pictures at no cost, sent us our pictures on a flash drive, and gave us a copy of our ceremony. She was very sweet and easy to work with. 
  • I second Weddings by Sandy!  They have several officiants on their staff, we had Sandy Queen, who was wonderful.  We had our rehearsal on a Friday, and we did a ring warming ceremony.  She was very helpful with keeping everyone organized on the day of, she really saved my sanity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Have love, Will travel" I meet him at a bridal convention and we booked him for our day. Really nice guys named Kiko. He has a Facebook.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards