Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

cocktail hour?

My fiance and I are having a budget wedding, i was wondering if cocktail hour is a must. I know I need to find something for guest to do while we do pictures, but I was wondering if it would be okay if I mentioned to them about the park that is across the street. It recently underwent a 2 million dollar renovation and as we are using the historic hall associated with the park. It has some beautiful features and we would be doing pictures there as well. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cocktail hour?

• Options
    I think if you have a gap while you are doing pictures you should have refreshments of some type. I wouldn't walk a park in heels (which I would be wearing) so, I think you should provide something else for your guests to do. You don't have to provide cocktails, but you could just do non alcoholic beverages (even if it just water/iced tea/lemondade) and a food tray with something like veggies, chips, dips, cheese and crackers... something like that. It would be a nice thing to do, and it wouldn't break the bank.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_cocktail-hour-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:9ec415c0-af4d-4a8a-a5c4-bc3536b7e238Post:0f30be56-b08a-4421-82f2-68b16529a5be">cocktail hour?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are having a budget wedding, i was wondering if cocktail hour is a must. I know I need to find something for guest to do while we do pictures, but I<strong> was wondering if it would be okay if I mentioned to them about the park that is across the street.</strong> It recently underwent a 2 million dollar renovation and as we are using the historic hall associated with the park. It has some beautiful features and we would be doing pictures there as well. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!
    Posted by kasiereno[/QUOTE]

No.  I mean, sure, you could mention it to them and If they choose to check it out, great.   But you <em>really</em> need to host your guests while you are taking photos.  It can be as simple as iced tea and fruits and veggies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    You need to offer them something to eat and drink if you are going to have a gap to take pictures. It can be simple finger foods like fruit and veggie trays, cheese, etc., and the beverages don't have to be alcoholic. They could be water, soda, tea, etc. But yes, you need to host something. You can still let them know they may wander to the park if they wish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Yes, you need to host some kind of refreshments, not just shuffle them off to go hang out somewhere else.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I never thought about doing the pictures before the ceremony! This is why I ask you ladies!!! Thanks so much!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards