Oklahoma

Low Cost Venues Around OKC

I'm looking for venues around OKC (indoor) for a one room wedding and reception for about 100 guests for under $1000. (Actually the space will need to hold about 150-200 so there's room for dancing and mingling after the wedding although there will only be about 100 in attendance)

We are doing things a touch differently. We are actually going to the courhouse on 3.14.2014 so our actual anniversary will be on Pi (3.14.....) This is very luckily on a Friday. So the following day we will exchange our vows and rings and celebrate with our family. 

We are also putting ourselves on a shoestring budget. $5000 for EVERYTHING! Vintage Irish theme
 - We aren't having flowers. It seems like a lot of money to us for something that will die a few days after we pay for them.  I'm in the embroidery industry as work and am making tulle flowers. I have a year and got all the fabric by scouring goodwill for garments I can destroy and buttons I can thieve. I'm making my own bouquet with origami book pages and crystal brooches. (It sounds weird but it's cute...)
 - We are looking at doing the wedding around noon and inviting our guests (about 100) to a baked potato luncheon afterward. Cost effective, potatoes fit with the theme and its fun!
- We will be serving pie instead of cake. Not only due to the date but neither my FH nor I actually like cake... 

So we can save a bit from those places. However I'm having a devil of a time finding a place to put it. Currently my front runner is the Midwest City Community Center and its close enough to 1000 but its not very pretty.Beggers can't be choosers but I've still got a bit more time to beg before I settle. Any suggestions?

Re: Low Cost Venues Around OKC

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_low-cost-venues-around-okc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:8d13c27a-409c-48a1-9016-a35e42aaf2dbPost:1dd968cf-b826-4af6-8ac0-ad234bdc6969">Low Cost Venues Around OKC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for venues around OKC (indoor) for a one room wedding and reception for about 100 guests for under $1000. (Actually the space will need to hold about 150-200 so there's room for dancing and mingling after the wedding although there will only be about 100 in attendance) We are doing things a touch differently. We are actually going to the courhouse on 3.14.2014 so our actual anniversary will be on Pi (3.14.....) This is very luckily on a Friday. So the following day we will exchange our vows and rings and celebrate with our family.  We are also putting ourselves on a shoestring budget. $5000 for EVERYTHING! Vintage Irish theme  - We aren't having flowers. It seems like a lot of money to us for something that will die a few days after we pay for them.  I'm in the embroidery industry as work and am making tulle flowers. I have a year and got all the fabric by scouring goodwill for garments I can destroy and buttons I can thieve. I'm making my own bouquet with origami book pages and crystal brooches. (It sounds weird but it's cute...)  - We are looking at doing the wedding around noon and inviting our guests (about 100) to a baked potato luncheon afterward. Cost effective, potatoes fit with the theme and its fun! - We will be serving pie instead of cake. Not only due to the date but neither my FH nor I actually like cake...  So we can save a bit from those places. However I'm having a devil of a time finding a place to put it. Currently my front runner is the Midwest City Community Center and its close enough to 1000 but its not very pretty.Beggers can't be choosers but I've still got a bit more time to beg before I settle. Any suggestions?
    Posted by geekjennt[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://www.okc.gov/parks/rentals/southlakeseventcenter.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.okc.gov/parks/rentals/southlakeseventcenter.html</a>
    The <strong>South Lakes Event Center </strong>is the Parks Department's newest event rental facility. Nestled amid lush lawns and sparkling ponds in the heart of South Lakes Park at <strong>SW 119 and Meridian</strong><em>, </em>the center features ample parking and lakeside views. Perfect for weddings, family or school reunions, club meetings and other events.
    Check it out! :)
  • Good luck making your own flowers!  I made all mine, and let me tell you it is VERY time consuming!  Its a good thing you have a year, trust me - you'll need it!

For cheaper venues in central Oklahoma area, check out my blog post with the knowledge I figured out during my venue search.

Let's Drink Coffee, Darling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards