Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Welcome Baskets

Hey ladies, I just need some clarification. My FI and I are doing a local wedding here at home and i would say 90% of our guest list is local. Now I have heard and read about welcome baskets, but I was always under the assumption that they were kind of a destination wedding thing. Is that correct? 

Also, while we are on the subject, how do you go about deciding what hotel to block rooms at for your out of town guests?

Thank you ladies! 
Anniversary

Re: Welcome Baskets

• Options
    Welcome baskets are to put in people's hotel rooms. I would choose a hotel that is near the venue, is in a decent price point, and contains amenities like in-room irons, coffe maker, hair dryer, microwave, and maybe a fridge. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Welcome baskets can also be done for out of town guests or not. They're completely optional. As for hotel blocks, you'll want to do several in different price ranges. But make sure you won't be charged for unbooked rooms. And see when the rooms are released to the public.
  • Options
    We picked our hotel based on proximity and price.  We paid for breakfast for our guests, but having a free buffet breakfast included is a nice perk!
  • Options
    We got a special rate at the hotel our wedding and reception are at so we only reserved rooms there. I did research other hotels in the area to ensure that our guests would be getting a good rate if they did book at the hotel we are dealing with, and they are. I will probably not be doing welcome baskets because it is not in my budget but if something happens and I do have money left over from something I will definitely consider throwing something together. Its just another nice way to thank people for traveling in order to attend your wedding.
  • Options
    Welcome baskets are ment for out of town guests, generally left for them at the hotel.  They can be a very nice thing, but honestly... it is a really good thing to skip.  Most people can figure out traveling, even to your wedding. 

We didn't end up blocking any rooms but we put several hotel's info on our website.  We picked hotels that were close to the venue, but in a range of price points, from budget to very nice.
  • Options

They are not just for out-of-towners. They are for anyone who stays at the hotel. We are having a lot of local people staying at the hotel not just OOTers b/c our wedding ends so late. Snacks are a good thing to put in them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards