Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

The Pros??? Reviews?

Hi Everyone,
I recently received an email from The Pros and was wondering if anyone had ever booked their wedding services through them.  Their website seems very well organized, their prices are perfect for our budget, and everything seems to check out.  I did a little extra research and found that they have been awarded "Best of The Knot" along with some other "best of's".  Still, it all seems too good to be true.  Has anyone here had any personal experience?

Re: The Pros??? Reviews?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_the-pros-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:8923ead2-8fca-4331-8af3-94c0669b0cd1Post:a7bc1556-0485-4175-95cb-850690765a0b">The Pros??? Reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everyone, I recently received an email from The Pros and was wondering if anyone had ever booked their wedding services through them.  Their website seems very well organized, their prices are perfect for our budget, and everything seems to check out.  I did a little extra research and found that they have been awarded "Best of The Knot" along with some other "best of's".  Still, it all seems too good to be true.  Has anyone here had any personal experience?
    Posted by bopple321[/QUOTE]

The Pros usually get poor reviews  Try doing a search for them here on the boards.  I would never use them.  Photos will last a lifetime.  If you want good quality, the cheapest isn't going to be the best.  I'd rather cut my budget in other areas that really don't matter or won't be noticed and put that money towards a good photographer.  You can try posting on your local board to see who's being recommended.  Good luck!
  • I hope the last person's post ISN'T true, since I booked with The Pros for my May 19th wedding. I have had good experience with them, but of course, my wedding photos haven't been taken yet. The lady I've dealt with has been very professional and accomodating. Usually you don't speak with your photographer till a couple weeks before the ceremony. I explained, after picking the photographer I wanted out of 4 photographers available in my area, that I wanted to speak to the photographer so that I could make sure we meshed well together. She said no problem, me and the photographer spoke, and I loved him....personality wise at least. We have since emailed info he needs and any of my wants and concerns, a timeline for the day, special requests. The photographer has won a lot of awards and has had his own studio still in business 28 years later, so I'm assuming by this, along with his portfolio, that my pictures will turn out nice. I hope they will! So I can't give you post-wedding advice, but I can tell you that I am contracted with them and so far it has gone very smoothly, even after I changed from one location of shooting to multiple locations, and an extra hour of services. It was all still included in my contract with no extra expense. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards