Pre-wedding Parties
Options

BBQ Rehersal?

My fiance and I are getting married in RI but live in CT...we want to hold our rehersal dinner the week before because not everyone can go the night before to RI.  Would it be inappropriate to have a casual, fun BBQ as a rehersal dinner?  We have a large lawn to "reherse" and then would have drinks, food, lawn games, etc.  My parents think I should still do a restaurant but our whole wedding is very casual....anyone have a BBQ as their rehersal?

Re: BBQ Rehersal?

• Options
    It sounds like fun to me. Rehearsal dinners can be as fancy or casual as the host wishes. 

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    We went to Pizza Hut, so not exactly, but just as casual.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We haven't made any final decisions for our wedding, but we'd like to do a BBQ for the rehearsal, too. Our reception will be less casual, but I don't see why a BBQ wouldn't be okay if that's what you and your fiance want to do. I think your guests would have fun!
  • Options
    BBQ sounds awesome!
  • Options
    I think is a great idea, considering that almost everyone is stressed by the wedding.  This is a good way to relieve some of that stress and have fun while you do something that you have to do anyway.

Have fun and enjoy. The best years are to come.
  • Options
    Our son is getting married in 4+ weeks, and we are hosting a BBQ picnic for the rehearsal day. Because of locations and timing, we are having the picnic during the day, outdoors, with good cookout food, fun outdoor games and activities; dress is casual.  

The rehearsal will be later on, in the evening. 

• Options
    We are having a BBQ for ours too!! Its more relaxing and fun.
  • Options
    We are having a BBQ for ours too!! Its more relaxing and fun.
  • Options
    That's what we're doing too!  Very low-key and fun, I can't wait for ours!
  • Options
    I think using a Wild West theme with bandanas & red check cloths would make it special.  Add a good line on the announcement like "This Ain't No Shotgun Weddin' -We're Having a Rehearsal!" and you've set the stage for everyone to relax, eat good and have a successful run through the ceremony that really breaks the ice.  Play horseshoes, listen to old western swing music.  Many blessings for your family's future!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards